🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

Hi, congrats, beta 2 is perfect. a really good evolution!

May I add 2  points to the wish list: 
- Also allow shares in the network for media (photos and audio) 

- Possibility to change the themes, e.g. instead of blue, other colors, based on the room

BR

Oliver 

hello everyone
I have integrated three D&Ws on the Wall display and had the respective temperatures displayed before the update. Unfortunately, this is no longer configured in the beta.
It is certainly not an essential feature but it would be great if it was added back as a nice to have
thanks

Unfortunately, authentication in this form still doesn't work in this version. It would be great if this could be fixed.

With every other type of shelly device it's succesful with exact the same Url.

Event Hit Url:

http://user:password@10.1.1.23/dev/sps/io/testio/off

Debug Output:

[12:01:33] Connected.
[12:01:33] [WebSocket]: Debug WebSocket connection from 10.60.0.3
[12:01:34] [RPC]: [WEBSOCKET:Switch.Toggle] RPC Invoking method w/ params 1
[12:01:34] [Generic]: |------> SETTING GPIO 0 TO LOW <------|
[12:01:34] [Webhooks]: Will execute webhook 1707831581 for event switch.off with status {"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"}
[12:01:34] [Webhooks]: Executing webhook 1707831581 at url http://user:password@10.20.0.23/dev/sps/io/testio/off
[12:01:34] [RPC]: [WEBSOCKET:Switch.Toggle] RPC Method success!
[12:01:34] [Cloud]: SHELLY_CLOUD_OUTGOING[NotifyStatus]: {"method":"NotifyStatus","src":"ShellyWallDisplay-0008222A8DD0","dst":"user_1","params":{"switch:0":{"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"},"ts":1720605694}}
[12:01:34] [Generic]: NEW SWITCH:0 STATUS: {"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"}
[12:01:34] [Network]: Authorisation: Basic am9pc3BoZTpNbmlwanV3aWc0ODUx
[12:01:35] [Webhooks]: Error executing webhook: com.android.volley.AuthFailureError
[12:01:37] Disconnected.

2.0.0-beta3 is uploaded on the beta channel. Fixes include but are not limited to:

• Fixed media volume - we now control the STREAM_MUSIC channel instead of the MediaPlayer volume - this should fix volume jumping;
  • Fixed receiving BLE updates while playing music through speakers by once restarting the app after full reboot - this is necessary because the Android modules might have not initialised completely before the BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast is sent;
  • Fixed regression in receiving BLE device status from Cloud;
  • Disabled playlist repeat. We may introduce shuffle/repeat controls later;
  • Fixed many issues regarding spamming previous/next buttons and randomly and fast touching songs from the playlist.

NOTE: No external beta files are available for "Custom Firmware" anymore. Update to beta3 from the screen or WebUI or from the app.

• QA members
23 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

2.0.0-beta3 is uploaded on the beta channel. Fixes include but are not limited to:

• Fixed media volume - we now control the STREAM_MUSIC channel instead of the MediaPlayer volume - this should fix volume jumping;
  • Fixed receiving BLE updates while playing music through speakers by once restarting the app after full reboot - this is necessary because the Android modules might have not initialised completely before the BOOT_COMPLETED broadcast is sent;
  • Fixed regression in receiving BLE device status from Cloud;
  • Disabled playlist repeat. We may introduce shuffle/repeat controls later;
  • Fixed many issues regarding spamming previous/next buttons and randomly and fast touching songs from the playlist.

NOTE: No external beta files are available for "Custom Firmware" anymore. Update to beta3 from the screen or WebUI or from the app.

The playback using BT external speaker works now much much better! The installation went smoothly, no issues whatsoever. 

A few bugs/glitches/observations

- The playback via internal speaker has now lower volume - need to crank up the volume slider much higher compared to beta2 to get the same volume

- When I started the playback for the first time immediately after the installation it started with high volume but after I adjusted the volume using the slider it became normal. One time glitch.

- The playback stops intermittently after a few minutes. Switching to a different station or hitting the play button again resumes the playback for a few minutes and then it stops again. After a few times WD crashed. Log attached.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9aed2524c6cbc228f1ae6bdb347753b.jpeg

WDLogs_000822C10A3C_240712_1208.zip

• QA members

@Dimitar Buckoff Follow up for my previous report: it looks like that the intermittent playback failures I reported earlier happen only when an external speaker is used. Playback using the built-in speaker does not stop/fail. I will let it run and send an update if I see any additional issues

Beta3 works well.
Radio streaming is much more stable, volume is no longer up and down.
I already replaced the kitchen radio with a BT speaker system.

Thanks, Shelly team

some for the wish list:
- alarm timer to get the radio started in the morning 🙂
- streaming and display  possibility from observation cams (e.g. Reolink)

looking forward, what's next

1 hour ago, TheRegister Unique said:

@Dimitar Buckoff Follow up for my previous report: it looks like that the intermittent playback failures I reported earlier happen only when an external speaker is used. Playback using the built-in speaker does not stop/fail. I will let it run and send an update if I see any additional issues

@TheRegister Unique, thanks. This was not related to playing via BT. You radio stream ended (?!?!) and the app crashed. Will fix. Thanks again.

44 minutes ago, S.W. said:

Beta3 works well.
Radio streaming is much more stable, volume is no longer up and down.
I already replaced the kitchen radio with a BT speaker system.

Thanks, Shelly team

some for the wish list:
- alarm timer to get the radio started in the morning 🙂
- streaming and display  possibility from observation cams (e.g. Reolink)

looking forward, what's next

Thank you! Yes, radio/mp3 alarms will be implemented soon. Hang on!

• QA members
3 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

@TheRegister Unique, thanks. This was not related to playing via BT. You radio stream ended (?!?!) and the app crashed. Will fix. Thanks again.

Sure, I just report my observations. May be there is more than 1 issue. Without the BT speaker connected the playback has been running for more than 60 mins without any issues. TBC.

On 10.7.2024 at 12:08, Fips said:

Unfortunately, authentication in this form still doesn't work in this version. It would be great if this could be fixed.

With every other type of shelly device it's succesful with exact the same Url.

Event Hit Url:

http://user:password@10.1.1.23/dev/sps/io/testio/off

Debug Output:

[12:01:33] Connected.
[12:01:33] [WebSocket]: Debug WebSocket connection from 10.60.0.3
[12:01:34] [RPC]: [WEBSOCKET:Switch.Toggle] RPC Invoking method w/ params 1
[12:01:34] [Generic]: |------> SETTING GPIO 0 TO LOW <------|
[12:01:34] [Webhooks]: Will execute webhook 1707831581 for event switch.off with status {"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"}
[12:01:34] [Webhooks]: Executing webhook 1707831581 at url http://user:password@10.20.0.23/dev/sps/io/testio/off
[12:01:34] [RPC]: [WEBSOCKET:Switch.Toggle] RPC Method success!
[12:01:34] [Cloud]: SHELLY_CLOUD_OUTGOING[NotifyStatus]: {"method":"NotifyStatus","src":"ShellyWallDisplay-0008222A8DD0","dst":"user_1","params":{"switch:0":{"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"},"ts":1720605694}}
[12:01:34] [Generic]: NEW SWITCH:0 STATUS: {"id":0,"output":false,"source":"RPC Toggle"}
[12:01:34] [Network]: Authorisation: Basic am9pc3BoZTpNbmlwanV3aWc0ODUx
[12:01:35] [Webhooks]: Error executing webhook: com.android.volley.AuthFailureError
[12:01:37] Disconnected.

Any solution for that too? Thanks

Edited by Fips

• Shelly
On 4.7.2024 at 10:41, Benjamin said:

On my WD the Radio (Play/Pause) Buttons on the screensaver cannot be Removed anymore. Independent if there is a Radio Tile Assed to the Screen

Once you have loaded an mp3 file into the media library the controls are available on the screensaver.

New UI is great, but for me there are some things missing:

1. It shold be possible to show Values for VirtualButtons over API/MQTT (an on Top change Icon)  so the Display can be used to show Values from external Sources (eg. Values from PV/Batteries/Wallboxes)

2. Open the Zendure integration/Panel to other other PV-Systems 

3. Virtual Button events should be messaged via mqtt

1 hour ago, RobertHerter said:

New UI is great, but for me there are some things missing:

3. Virtual Button events should be messaged via mqtt

Thanks!

Virtual button events will be broadcast via MQTT on the rpc/events topic in the 2.0.0-stable version which will be posted later today. This may change in the future; all this virtual logic is still pretty new to us and we haven't concretely decided where and how to broadcast their events.

A Great Thank you to the softworkers . I Like the New Features very much .

i have a question ? How can i configure the screen saver ? I like to have ínstead of the radio , the weather….byside tmp, clock and humidity 

thank you very much for the Support.

….i Never have  uploaded a  media file 

awandy

Edited by Awandy

On 13.6.2024 at 07:12, Chriss said:

Hi, the MP3 player function ist very cool 😉 

I have an idea: it's it possible for the future to play a sound file with "Http Request, or a Scene"?

Than we can use the WD for notifications messages... 😉 Wehn you life the house: play the File "one Door ist open!" or "the light is on...!", or when someone rings the doorbell, play a gong file... 

All this Messages that we have on the WD, we can but in a separate Media Folder "Notifications Files".

Yes, we really really leally really want this feature too 🙂

I spent almost a month trying to play any MP3 file on a Shelly trigger. I managed to get it working with Amazon Echo Dot and Studio speakers using VoiceMonkey. Amazon itself works well, and the text-to-speech feature likely works fine in the available languages, but unfortunately, it doesn't speak Hungarian 🙂

We currently have a little over 100 Shelly devices installed. 

We use the Shelly-triggered voice response for the following exercises:

• If there is a temperature difference greater than 2 degrees between the inside and outside, the door sensors will trigger the message "Close the xxx door, the building is cooling/heating" after 3 minutes.
  • Break signals and breakfast, lunch (first and second turn) call-in, bon appétit.
  • We have 20+ electric cars, 90 kWp solar panel and 120 kWh battery.  Depending on the battery charge level and current production and consumption, as well as the number of cars currently on the charger, we ask our staff when it is possible to charge the electric cars.
  • Different larger areas have received one Shelly switch with 4 buttons each, which can be used to call the following to the current room: 1. Warehouse worker, 2. Store assistant, 3. Cleaner, 4. Maintenance worker.
  • The PGM output of our Paradox alarm control panel triggers the wake-up and sleep of the buildings. The morning activation of the different groups (boilers, hand dryers, water machines, door locks, etc) informs the cleaners arriving before normal working hours.

It works now, but it would be much simpler to use Shelly device-device communication directly, or to use it on a local network. The current one is a bit slow, it takes 3-5 seconds from script start to sound.