Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

1 hour ago, Berthold said:

Hello, since the Shelly Wall Display was updated to 2.0.0, groups can no longer be switched. the shelly 1pm mini are not switched. Shelly Dimmer works. I need help

greetings Berthold

Same here, The group button give this error.

Pressing them separately in the group works.

Group.png.697febf454fc72220faaf68ca15cfe1e.png

Edited by Martin_

I just tried it, the same behavior as on the wall display. The group of floor lamps consists of two devices, 1x 1PM mini and a dimmer2. The dimmer has switched and the 1PM mini has not. I have attached a picture greetings berthold

IMG_0192.png

Hello,

I like the new version 2.0.0 of the wall display.

But I have some more wishes/ideas

- several designs of virtual Buttons would be great, like:

• switch
  • rollershutter
  • dimmer
  • colorpicker
  • textfield

- a browser would be awesome. With a browser you have so much possibilities to reach dashpanels, lyrion media server, ...

Thanks for the good job.

• Like 2

i follow the instructions of the first post - but everytime if i swipe down from top, the relay switch, i cant reach the config menü to add anything. - i try every possible properties including reset of the device. i hope this bug will befixed with the next release!

actual i cant test the new Features of the wall display. also the screensaver dont start

my wall display is actual only a very expensiv clock, because also the temperature and humidity dont show the real value. I am not able to use a signal from a different sensor from my network. and I'm not willing to buy an extra BLE sensor. at least a package should be offered. but the sensor should actually be included in this price range...

in general i think the idea with the WD is great and i appreciate the work Shelly is doing, but with the current limitations the display is not really usable for many, if i follow the thread here.

• Shelly
8 minutes ago, schreckus said:

i follow the instructions of the first post - but everytime if i swipe down from top, the relay switch, i cant reach the config menü to add anything. - i try every possible properties including reset of the device. i hope this bug will befixed with the next release!

In the meantime, 2.0.0 has been released as stable; it was also possible to add devices, groups, music and weather etc. at any time by swiping from the top down.

Is it perhaps possible to create a video when trying to add?

You can activate the screensaver in the settings menu and set the period when it should be active.

• Members

My observation is that a wipe down to add weather and/or radio is successful only if the WD is connected to the Shelly Cloud. Without a cloud connection, wiping down switches the internal relay…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olsche said:

Activating cloud connectivity is a basic requirement for the wall display to function properly, and every user should be aware of this...

at the moment no word or sentence is written at the first Post of this thread, that a cloud connection is necessary for describe function.

also no words about this topic at the printed user Guide of the Walldisplay. no limitation about the functions if the shellycloud is not uses. 

dont missanderstand my, i know that a webradio or other funkctions needs a networkconnection.

I use iobroker with the shelly plugin for my homeautomation - exist or is a api planed from shelly side, that we can add buttons / views etc at the WD to control local devices without using the shelly clound? (if not please add this information to your documentaion)

image.png.9644902e0c3e534c33690ba5905757ff.png

image.png.ce76d45af052dd2240695590288ec953.png

Edited by schreckus
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, schreckus said:

at the moment no word or sentence is written at the first Post of this thread, that a cloud connection is necessary for describe function.

also no words about this topic at the printed user Guide of the Walldisplay. no limitation about the functions if the shellycloud is not uses. 

dont missanderstand my, i know that a webradio or other funkctions needs a networkconnection.

I use iobroker with the shelly plugin for my homeautomation - exist or is a api planed from shelly side, that we can add buttons / views etc at the WD to control local devices without using the shelly clound? (if not please add this information to your documentaion)

The Wall Display CAN work with Cloud disabled, albeit with limited functionality.

To be able to edit tiles you don't need to connect it to the Cloud; you only need to add it to your account. In its default unregistered state the Wall Display has very limited function.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

The Wall Display CAN work with Cloud disabled, albeit with limited functionality.

thank you for this clear words, it's ok for me if someone wants to use the cloud. for me, i've decided to keep these functions local.

can you please update your first post and the Description of the WD? To save buyers from disappointment, It was not clear from beginning, because with this information, I would not have bought the display.

so I'll have to see what I can do with the HW. or there's still the ADB but I don't really have the time or enthusiasm for that. 

8 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

To be able to edit tiles you don't need to connect it to the Cloud; you only need to add it to your account.

you mean my iobroker system? or what you mean?

• Sad 1

Another problem is, when the WallDisplay ist connected to the cloud, but all my other shelly are not, I am  not yet able to control this other shellies. And activate both, cloud and mqtt is not possilbe with my shellyplug and shelly 2.5.

Therefore full mqtt service and ability to configure virtual buttons is needed.

Thanks

On 7/23/2024 at 9:12 PM, Olsche said:

aah okay 2 several types for light (relais and dimmer)... seems to be App related and not related to Wall Display

Hi @Olsche
I have 2 relays in the group.

Same type: Shelly 1PM Mini Gen3
The image I posted is from the cloud.

*Update

As of today, the group is now working.

I have made no changes at all, so it seems to be fixed.

Edited by Martin_
Update of issue

9 hours ago, schreckus said:

thank you for this clear words, it's ok for me if someone wants to use the cloud. for me, i've decided to keep these functions local.

can you please update your first post and the Description of the WD? To save buyers from disappointment, It was not clear from beginning, because with this information, I would not have bought the display.

so I'll have to see what I can do with the HW. or there's still the ADB but I don't really have the time or enthusiasm for that. 

you mean my iobroker system? or what you mean?

I fully agree. I looked after the best price of WD. None of the shops expressed that cloud is a must. I want to keep my IoT strictly inside my IoT LAN, only NTP-service is allowed for my Shelly devices. Had I known before buying WD that the device does not work without cloud, I would not have bought the WD.

I hope that at some day the WD will work without cloud. Now I lost some 130€ because of misleading ad statements.

Edited by ETT
Word day was missing
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

To be able to edit tiles you don't need to connect it to the Cloud; you only need to add it to your account. In its default unregistered state the Wall Display has very limited function.

Any technical reason for that or Shelly went via dead path of forcing everyone to use their cloud? its very upset if so - the free from the cloud policy was the one why I always recommended the brand to everyone and used in most of deployments.

Edited by AlexPotter
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Olsche said:

@schreckus & @ETT Do you have an account for the Shelly Smart Control app or the browser version https://control.shelly.cloud to control the other Shelly devices or do you only use the Shelly devices locally or with other home automation systems?

I don't have cloud account and only use tens of Shelly devices localy with Home Assistant.

7 hours ago, AlexPotter said:

I don't have cloud account and only use tens of Shelly devices localy with Home Assistant.

I created a Shelly cloud account (and iOs Shelly Smart app) only to test the Shelly WD.

I have some 12 Shellys in two locations. I am using NAS/MySQL db plus Shelly scripting to automate and follow my Shellys. Ruuvitags provide measurement to some of my Shellys. Visualization is currently done via MySQL and Grafana. I plan to double the no of Shellys in the future. All this strictly in a separate IoT-LAN, so none is connected to Shelly cloud.

I plan to try to create virtual buttons to WD and use webhooks to drive (ON/OFF) some of my Shellys, naturally without cloud. However, this is a bit tedious and limited way to utilize WD. Additionally, the WD firmware updates need to be done via iPhone hot spot.

10 hours ago, Olsche said:

@schreckus & @ETT Do you have an account for the Shelly Smart Control app or the browser version https://control.shelly.cloud to control the other Shelly devices or do you only use the Shelly devices locally or with other home automation systems?

I created a Shelly cloud account (and iOs Shelly Smart app) only to test the Shelly WD.

I have some 12 Shellys in two locations. I am using NAS/MySQL db plus Shelly scripting to automate and follow my Shellys. Ruuvitags provide measurement to some of my Shellys. Visualization is currently done via MySQL and Grafana. I plan to double the no of Shellys in the future. All this strictly in a separate IoT-LAN, so none is connected to Shelly cloud.

I plan to try to create virtual buttons to WD and use webhooks to drive (ON/OFF) some of my Shellys, naturally without cloud. However, this is a bit tedious and limited way to utilize WD. Additionally, the WD firmware updates need to be done via iPhone hot spot.

43 minutes ago, ETT said:

I plan to try to create virtual buttons to WD and use webhooks to drive (ON/OFF) some of my Shellys, naturally without cloud. 

I plan to do it also. But it's a pity that we can't change the design of the buttons. I wish there would be at least some different virtual buttons for a switch, a roller and a dimmer. Would be fine to change the symbols of the buttons.

The best way would be to have an browser, so I can reach my openHAB

2.1.0-beta1 is now live on the beta channel. Changes include:

1. Removed some restrictions for unregistered devices. Now, even before adding the device to your account you can:
    1. Edit the tiles on the home page (you can't remove the "this device" tile);
    2. Add music and weather tiles;
    3. Control the "turn screen off" setting;
  2. Fixed an issue that caused devices with more than one add-on to display only one of them;
  3. Media Library items now have consistent IDs;
  4. WebUI will now limit uploading of media files to allow only supported ones;
  5. Added PlayAudioClip to Media.MediaPlayer RPC:
    1. /rpc/Media.MediaPlayer.PlayAudioClip?id=10&volume=10
    2. The command takes as parameter the id of the item you want to play, taken from Media.List;
    3. If the player is currently playing, the playback will be paused and then resumed after the audio clip finishes playing;
    4. Issuing the command again while an audio clip is playing will cancel the current one and play the new one. Playback will resume from where it was paused on the first call;
    5. The command accepts a volume parameter (between 0 and 10). The volume will be set to this value only for this playback. After the audio clip finishes playing the volume will be returned to the original value;
  6. Media Player play commands (PlayOrPause, Play, Next, Previous) now accept a volume parameter (between 0 and 10) - the volume level set with these methods remains permanent;
  7. Fixed the display of negative values on the main page Temperature and Consumption tiles;
  8. Location and timezone set by the user will now be correctly remembered and retained through app restarts.

Some clarification as it is obviously required.

CLOUD IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THE DEVICE TO WORK!

Although the Wall Display was conceived and developed with the idea of being Cloud-connected, it can work without Cloud. Cloud connection is only needed if you want to be able to control it remotely from the Shelly Smart Control application.

SHELLY ACCOUNT IS ALSO NOT REQUIRED FOR THE DEVICE TO WORK!

A Shelly account is only required if you want to be able to add other devices from your account to the home page of the Wall Display and unlock its full potential. Otherwise you'll just have a fancy light switch. The choice is yours.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2