1.4.0 beta version for Gen2+ Shelly devices released / 1.4.0 Betaversion für Gen2+ Shelly-Geräte veröffentlicht ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

37 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Then it might not be properly processed by the Bluetooth logic in the Wall Display as an audio speaker. Please try fully rebooting the Wall Display and scanning again.

Still in the same ... No devices appear in the list

2 hours ago, Wayne H said:

I think the only other thing we have an issue within AU/NZ, is the mounting.  We typically use a wall mounting plate to suit 73mm x 117mm with a two-point centered mounting of 84mm on the longest side.

We can get around this quite easily with a 3D print. I’ve done it with several of my Shelly wall displays so far. 

26448ED1-F2CE-4584-9CB5-67A1BD0A4BE1.jpeg

• Like 1

Using Beta2 Firmware right now i had following:

- I connect a SONOS Roam with Bluetooth. Radio works fine but after Pausing the Radio at Display the Sound Volume goes up everytime. It does not remember volume setting.

New Bug?

6 minutes ago, Riddler said:

- I connect a SONOS Roam with Bluetooth. Radio works fine but after Pausing the Radio at Display the Sound Volume goes up everytime. It does not remember volume setting.

New Bug?

Yes, I know about this. It happens only with Sonos speakers when connected via Bluetooth. Please bear in mind that the Sonos support is not yet ready.

4 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Do you by any chance have another speaker to test with? Maybe this one reports strange characteristics..

Ok I tested with other speaker and now id working, Thank you 

43 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Yes, I know about this. It happens only with Sonos speakers when connected via Bluetooth. Please bear in mind that the Sonos support is not yet ready.

Totally fine just wanted to make you guys aware of it. Still a BETA and i love it :-). And Sonos Support will be greatly appreciated!

Next question:

- Will there be a possibility to add more than 5 URL Commands on Virtual Buttons?

- Will there be a way to use pictures for Virtual Buttons?

Hey, 

I need some help to update the Wall Display. I cant do any update on the Shelly (I would like to get the Beta). Even after a factory reset it´s not possible. The only thing the Display says is an error you can see in the picture. If you need more information about anything, just ask and I´ll let you know

20240620_190458.jpg

11 hours ago, Pyumz said:

Hey, 

I need some help to update the Wall Display. I cant do any update on the Shelly (I would like to get the Beta). Even after a factory reset it´s not possible. The only thing the Display says is an error you can see in the picture. If you need more information about anything, just ask and I´ll let you know

20240620_190458.jpg

Which version is it currently on?

I have the same issue. No update possible with a brand new Wall Display. Installed version 1.1.1.

In the APP or cloud a new version 1.2.1 is available but the Wall Display shows the error message "Update failed with...". If you habe a look at the web page oft the device, no update is available.

32 minutes ago, Michi said:

I have the same issue. No update possible with a brand new Wall Display. Installed version 1.1.1.

In the APP or cloud a new version 1.2.1 is available but the Wall Display shows the error message "Update failed with...". If you habe a look at the web page oft the device, no update is available.

Yeah same on me

For all those with Wall Display version 1.1.1:

TL;DR: Update from the app works now, you need to first update to 1.2.1-stable, then to 2.0.0-beta2.

First, I have no idea how you managed to get that version. The first commercial production batch was with 1.1.2

Second, to update from 1.1.1 to beta, you need to pass through a intermediate update (1.2.1) to fix the update process itself. Please do so from the app - I updated the file that should be downloaded so update from the app will work now.

After you update to 1.2.1, you will be able to update to 2.0.0-beta2.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Riddler said:

New Bug?

I tried pairing with an LG Sound Bar Sn7Y and its the same, once its paired the volume in the sound bar goes to max.

• Members

Audio level with BT sender and receiver is in general difficult: Have a B&W zeppelin which has no physical level control. With different BT sources it’s a hassle…

Would it be possible to add a default audio level in the WD?

29 minutes ago, thgoebel said:

Audio level with BT sender and receiver is in general difficult: Have a B&W zeppelin which has no physical level control. With different BT sources it’s a hassle…

Would it be possible to add a default audio level in the WD?

WD checks and updates the STREAM_MUSIC volume, as this is the one used for playing media. Every now and then Android decides to lower it (no idea why), so I have to increase it back to maximum in order to make use of the MediaPlayer volume which is more adjustable. The Sonos speakers apparently receive this STREAM_MUSIC volume, process it for themselves and set their internal volume accordingly. I am working on the method of setting the volume, the next beta will have some results that I hope will make Sonos (and apparently some LG) speakers less boom-y on song change.

• Like 1

• QA members

This is to confirm that the weather tile works great in public beta2.

Issues using external SoundCore Flare (gen 1) speaker with WD

1) Volume adjustments using sidebar on the music tile is problematic.

- Visually very low sidebar levels set very high playback volume. Very hard to set a low playback volume

- the sidebar short touches actually stop/start he playback instead of volume adjustments 

2) It looks like WD does not "remember" the playback volume across start/stop of playback. To reproduce, start the playback, set a very low volume using the buttons on the speaker (cannot do it using WD, see (1) above. Stop the playback using WD and then start it again. The playback resumes, but the volume is different (much higher)

Please note that there is no issues when using internal WD speaker - volume level persists across playback start/stop, and visual volume level corresponds to actual playback volume.

Also I was NOT able to reproduce the issue reported by others that playback continues when external speaker is turned off while playing a radio station. 

I second the request for AAC+ support - nice music radio stations use that format.

@Dimitar Buckoff

1 minute ago, TheRegister Unique said:

This is to confirm that the weather tile works great in public beta2.

Issues using external SoundCore Flare (gen 1) speaker with WD

1) Volume adjustments using sidebar on the music tile is problematic.

- Visually very low sidebar levels set very high playback volume. Very hard to set a low playback volume

- the sidebar short touches actually stop/start he playback instead of volume adjustments 

2) It looks like WD does not "remember" the playback volume across start/stop of playback. To reproduce, start the playback, set a very low volume using the buttons on the speaker (cannot do it using WD, see (1) above. Stop the playback using WD and then start it again. The playback resumes, but the volume is different (much higher)

Please note that there is no issues when using internal WD speaker - volume level persists across playback start/stop, and visual volume level corresponds to actual playback volume.

Also I was NOT able to reproduce the issue reported by others that playback continues when external speaker is turned off while playing a radio station. 

I second the request for AAC+ support - nice music radio stations use that format.

@Dimitar Buckoff

As already noted, the volume is a nuisance that needs to be remedied, and it will.

The touch of the slider is consistent with all other sliders on the homepage - simply touching will not move the slider - you need to slide to slide it 🙂

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to call an http endpoint with auth via the display?

I have setup a custom component called 'lamp' and then its action url: http://user:pass@0.0.0.0/endpoint but in the debug log, i kept getting auth errors.

note when i hit this url via a browser, auth is bypassed by the user:pass in the call.

Alternatively, would it be possible to allow any custom component appear as 'inputs' via home assistant? Just like the 'input_0' entity that is created for the displays internal 'switch' terminal?

Long story short, im trying to control a tuya device (That exist in home assistant) with the Shelly Wall display, but the end point has user/pass auth.

Wird es emals möglich sein, ältere Shelly-Geräte ohne Wolkenverbindung zu stauern?
Ich habe viele ältere Shellys, die über Mqtt in IP Symcon integriert sind, und ich kann diese mit einer Wandanzeige stauern können. Immerhin funktioniert es in der Shelly APP.

Michael

• Like 1

Will it ever be possible to control older Shelly devices without a cloud connection?
I have a lot of older Shellys that are integrated into IP Symcon via Mqtt, and I would like to be able to control these with a wall display. After all, it works in the Shelly APP.

• Like 1

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 8:47 AM, Dimitar Buckoff said:

This, along with the missing weather data, will be addressed in beta2. Thanks!

I can confirm, GetComponents fixed in beta 2.

Edited by Bieniu

hi i like the Wall Display, but actual i miss some things:

i use the WD without shelly cloud connection - i use a local iobroker setup and the shelly plugin (version 7.0.0) to control and and check my various shellys.

with the firmware 2.0 Beta 2 I see some strange behavior:

• i cant swipe down on WD to enter the submenü - everytime the output will be switched
  • the screen saver will never activate over the time
  • also i detect that some MQTT messages will not show in IOB (not sure if its a topic of the display or its a topic of iob / Shellyplugin)
    • uptime
    • rssi
    • name
    • firmware (neue firmware verfügbar)  
    • wifi.apEnable
    • ui.screensaverEnable
    • ui.screensaverLock
    • all channelNames (Humidity0 / Illuminace0 / Input0 / Relay0 / Temperature0)
    • every signal from Sys
    • Relay0 (Channelname / InitialState / Inputmode and both temperature)
    • all signals from MQTT
    • Cloud.enabled
  • the file diagnostics-shelly-walldisplay-data.txt also loged the MQTT passwort in plain text
  • for 11 messages i get this error:

grüsse schreckus

• Members

As I already reported in the 1.2.15 thread - even after the update to 2.0.0-beta2 I cannot change the geodata. These are not saved. As a result, I also get the weather data for the wrong location because the automatically determined location is somewhere else.
I have already wiped the cache and fully restarted the device a few times.

• Like 1