1.4.0 beta version for Gen2+ Shelly devices released / 1.4.0 Betaversion für Gen2+ Shelly-Geräte veröffentlicht ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

17 minutes ago, thgoebel said:

[citation] Is this for "a certain" radio station or for all of them? Would you please give me its name and country so I can test? Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! Must admit I‘ve used the one an only station only: „BR Klassik“ (Germany). Will check with other stations a.s.a.p. …

IMG_1111.thumb.jpeg.f0d0674a3a07c43ad69d6577a89b9ea0.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't reproduce with "BR Klassik", or with any other station for that matter. Would you be so kind to see if it happens again, then immediately download the logs and send them to me? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Jaroslav Sevcik said:

Public is Beta 1. Updated to that one. But the original post/link showed as Beta 2. (at least the file name).2024-06-20_9-17-51.thumb.jpg.5d3fa2ee83ffbe8e4f0eef8ac2b89102.jpg

All the testing beta files were taken down in favour of the public beta, which is really beta1 as of this writing. Beta2 will be released later today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

To everyone with weather tile showing "No data available": the problem is located, it will be fixed today. Thanks to @Dirkvk and @MiAu for providing the logs to locate the issue.

Hello 

Any chance, to check also the issue with MP3 files? I tested several files and only one that was sent to me from the @Chriss Works well

Thank you

• Members
1 hour ago, thgoebel said:

Will check with other stations a.s.a.p. …

Radio playback can be stopped and resumed with pause/play button and every radio station - except, Bluetooth was interrupted!

Yesterday, I did the following: 

(a) Switching off BT speaker during radio playback

(b) Audio playback is continued via the speaker on WD

(c) Up to now, pause/play button doesn’t affect the playback anymore.

Don’t know if this was intended…

5 minutes ago, thgoebel said:

Radio playback can be stopped and resumed with pause/play button and every radio station - except, Bluetooth was interrupted!

Yesterday, I did the following: 

(a) Switching off BT speaker during radio playback

(b) Audio playback is continued via the speaker on WD

(c) Up to now, pause/play button doesn’t affect the playback anymore.

Don’t know if this was intended…

This is strange. Turning off the Bluetooth speaker should've disconnected it from the Wall Display an on this event it should've stopped. Would you give me the exact model of your Bluetooth speaker?

11 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

This is strange. Turning off the Bluetooth speaker should've disconnected it from the Wall Display an on this event it should've stopped. Would you give me the exact model of your Bluetooth speaker?

Indeed.  Had the same problem yesterday (my wife reported it to me, so I was not able to reproduce what happend and could not give further explanation).

Today same situation :
*Radio player on, connected to bluetooth speaker MEDION MD44438 and playing
*I disconected bluetooth, radio continues playing on WD and cannot be stopped anymore.

Details bluetooth MD44438 :
Bluetooth® Bluetoothversie: V5.0 A2DP1.3, AVRCP 1.6 Frequentiebereik bluetooth: 2402 - 2480 MHz Max. zendvermogen: 5,33 dBm Bereik: tot 10 m (afhankelijk van de omgevingscondities)

• Members
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Would you give me the exact model of your Bluetooth speaker?

It is a tiny, China-made stereo amplifier with BT input:

IMG_1117.thumb.jpeg.65ffc0a683e86bb1718d9c9895fe4344.jpeg

IMG_1118.thumb.jpeg.ad73931dc97d7c27f9d26241a14dbe64.jpeg

Don‘t know the producer nor the type…

Edited by thgoebel

20 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

The public beta has just been updated to 2.0.0-beta2. Fixes: missing weather data and Shelly.GetComponents now supports parameters as per the api-docs.

Ok, installed.  Thx Dimitar !

Weather works now in Belgium !  But the weather tile is somewhat "enlightend", with white text what makes it a little bit difficult to see it clearly.  Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Dirkvk said:

Ok, installed.  Thx Dimitar !

Weather works now in Belgium !  But the weather tile is somewhat "enlightend", with white text what makes it a little bit difficult to see it clearly.  Just my opinion.

Good to know that it works! The background changes according to the forecast 😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wayne H said:

So, I've able to find radio stations that work,, those are MP3 channels, but not those with AAC+ format.  

You were right, MP3 and AAC both work, AAC+ doesn't... Unfortunately all I can do for now is filter AAC+ radio stations out of the list.

Just now, Dimitar Buckoff said:

You were right, MP3 and AAC both work, AAC+ doesn't... Unfortunately all I can do for now is filter AAC+ radio stations out of the list.

I just did some testing with Beta 2.  ACC+ still not working, as you expected.  But I can pause (start/stop) without any issues - in fact I could with Beta 1.  I can even hear the music out of the wall panel if I turn the BT speaker off.  All is not lost; I found a good station to test with some good tunes.  

One small detail I see, might be padding, is the weather panel on extended view is cropped by the screen.

Can you add a mute button within the Volume control, either top of bottom?  Or do we just pause to mute?

PXL_20240620_092327986.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wayne H said:

I just did some testing with Beta 2.  ACC+ still not working, as you expected.  But I can pause (start/stop) without any issues - in fact I could with Beta 1.  I can even hear the music out of the wall panel if I turn the BT speaker off.  All is not lost; I found a good station to test with some good tunes.  

One small detail I see, might be padding, is the weather panel on extended view is cropped by the screen.

Can you add a mute button within the Volume control, either top of bottom?  Or do we just pause to mute?

PXL_20240620_092327986.jpg

I'm glad you found a radio that suits your taste - I also did 😄

Next version will not show AAC+ stations.

Yes, the weather tile is cropped but you could scroll to see it all, I guess?

• Like 1

About AAC+ stations.

One of the most popular radio's in Belgium, Q-music = AAC+.
Let this be the favourit radio-station of my wife.
Wife being very sceptik about all this automation/shelly stuff :-), (where have I heard that before ...) (while I'm very enthousiastic !!)

So a thing that could convince here = Q-music = AAC+.

Any plans in including AAC+ ?

Edited by Dirkvk

2 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

The mp3 problem should've been fixed in the public beta. Did you check?

Great Thank you !! Now It works 

I'm facing a issue with the Bluetooth devices pairing, using the Shelly WD menu to perform this the BLE list doesn't show any device ... But the device is available in my mobile phone 

Using the last one FW Version beta available now 

22 minutes ago, Dirkvk said:

About AAC+ stations.

One of the most popular radio's in Belgium, Q-music = AAC+.
Let this be the favourit radio-station of my wife.
Wife being very sceptik about all this automation/shelly stuff :-), (where have I heard that before ...) (while I'm very enthousiastic !!)

So a thing that could convince here = Q-music = AAC+.

Any plans in including AAC+ ?

I dug a little. To be able to play AAC+ MIGHT require licensing, although the Wiki article claims that it's not required for simply streaming. On the other side, the decoder needs to be bundled as a jni library (native Android code) which will result in a larger file, using additional resources for the library, etc... Anyway, we will discuss it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MiAu said:

Great Thank you !! Now It works 

I'm facing a issue with the Bluetooth devices pairing, using the Shelly WD menu to perform this the BLE list doesn't show any device ... But the device is available in my mobile phone 

Using the last one FW Version beta available now 

The Bluetooth device must not be connected to any other phone or player, and it must be in pairing mode - usually by holding the B button on it.

1 minute ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

The Bluetooth device must not be connected to any other phone or player, and it must be in pairing mode - usually by holding the B button on it.

Yes it is not connected to any device, i removed before. And Yes It is in the Pairing mode once is available to added on my mobile phone and the list of BLE devices in the Shelly WD is empty no devices available in the list... 

1 minute ago, MiAu said:

Yes it is not connected to any device, i removed before. And Yes It is in the Pairing mode once is available to added on my mobile phone and the list of BLE devices in the Shelly WD is empty no devices available in the list... 

Then it might not be properly processed by the Bluetooth logic in the Wall Display as an audio speaker. Please try fully rebooting the Wall Display and scanning again.

I think the only other thing we have an issue within AU/NZ, is the mounting.  We typically use a wall mounting plate to suit 73mm x 117mm with a two-point centered mounting of 84mm on the longest side.