1.4.0 beta version for Gen2+ Shelly devices released / 1.4.0 Betaversion für Gen2+ Shelly-Geräte veröffentlicht ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

2 hours ago, Olsche said:

Reboot walldisplay and try again please.  It works with my htg3 

Awesome, thanks. I had tried a soft reboot but it didnt change anything. However, a Full Reboot did the trick!

Thanks heaps and keep up the awesome work, this display is SUCH a game changer!!!
I've just ordered another 6 hahaha!

hello,

Everything is great with this firmware!
Let's just hope you will also solve the thermometer problem, although I think by now that only an external sensor will solve it..

I report a problem with the virtual components: I have created 7 of them and 2 of them don't work. I can't understand why, it is configured identically to the others.
I have tried to recreate them a few times and one now works, but the other one I have not yet succeeded

First comment to new Firmware: Woow great and exactly what i needed for the Wall Display.

Here my findings so far and what i used:

- Virtual Buttons work great. I was able to switch on / off my homematic aktors via http - command 

- Weather local works in Germany area of Berlin just great 

- New temperature Design is great 

One thing which would be great to bring in future releases:

- A native toggle for virtual buttons. Right now homematic and hue do not have possibility to toggle devices without aksing for current status. So it would be great 

if the wall displays offers a second http command for emulate that

- Sonos support but i think that is already planned as i read the comments above

But great work of the developers! Thanks!!

13 minutes ago, HeikoHannover said:

I have one more wish for the weather app. Can it also be set for the place of residence? At the moment, only Berlin is set for Germany, but I'm from Hanover.

Just change the setting in shelly app. You can choose your town there with a search field

I really like the new interface.

Like others, I don't have weather in Australia. I have tried auto location and manually entering lat / lon.

I have one display that will not work with the new firmware. When you try to swipe down to edit the screen, it toggles the relay. I have reset, reverted to old firmware and still have the same result. It is the same hardware revision as ones that are known to work, so I don't know what else I can try. For now, I've reverted to 1.2.15 so it's usable.

Possibly not related to the beta, I find that they do not like connecting to the Ubiquiti Unifi U6 Enterprise. I have the SSID configured for 2.4 Ghz only and have all of the options that may cause compatibility issues turned off. None of the Wall Displays like to connect to any of the U6 Enterprise that I have. On the other hand, they will connect to the U6 Pro with same SSID and settings.

• Members

Looking nice , I love the weather and the music option, looking forward maybe we'll have Spotify or at least AAC, AAC+ support 

The weather tile(widget) remain expanded and doesn't minimize back when i try to get back to the smaller tile, but only if I let it long time on full day forecast and only after soft reboot it's back as normal, I didn't catch yet what it's the "long time period" that will force it to stay maximized. 

I am on firmware 2.0.0-beta2.

After reboot it's back to normal 

OMG, thank you! It's fantastic!
Is it possible to change humidityto a tempsensor in another Shelly? (not interested in humidity)
Is it possible to change consumption to another Shely?

Hi,

Still no luck with weather data in Warsaw/Poland.

And one more bug if I turn off the Shelly DUO from the relay the power consumption remains on Wall display as if it still is on. I have to switch off the bulb directly from it's interface.

20240618_071205.jpg

Hello I'm trying to use a MP3 File directly upload by the web UI 

I selected the file I upload the file apparently with success but the file is not available in the UI neither in the Wall Display 

image.png.359ed7d4f90f62f10946af2218559a00.png
image.png.87a7b2bbcb11c4c31cc313b5c275e4ef.png
image.png.72ee1ac5655180be66a218bf23d686e4.png

The MP3 file is in the attach also ( is a Free of use MP3 File ) 

• Members
10 hours ago, JonasB said:

Is it possible to change consumption to another Shely?

Just put the wall display on the same room with the "another Shelly" , the wall display will show total room consumption so if there are other shelly there that will be read too

31 minutes ago, MiAu said:

Hello I'm trying to use a MP3 File directly upload by the web UI 

I selected the file I upload the file apparently with success but the file is not available in the UI neither in the Wall Display 

image.png.359ed7d4f90f62f10946af2218559a00.png
image.png.87a7b2bbcb11c4c31cc313b5c275e4ef.png
image.png.72ee1ac5655180be66a218bf23d686e4.png

The MP3 file is in the attach also ( is a Free of use MP3 File ) 

I Also notice that this number in the menu is changing when I try to update a new file, but not files are available to play ...

image.png.12bd2af92e3820f5943bd3b7a0a55143.png

Can anyone please confirm if you are successfully playing a MP3 file on your Wall Display? Thank you

On 6/17/2024 at 4:19 AM, bollar said:

I really like the new interface.

Like others, I don't have weather in Australia. I have tried auto location and manually entering lat / lon.

I have one display that will not work with the new firmware. When you try to swipe down to edit the screen, it toggles the relay. I have reset, reverted to old firmware and still have the same result. It is the same hardware revision as ones that are known to work, so I don't know what else I can try. For now, I've reverted to 1.2.15 so it's usable.

About the weather:
Can you give is a log, you can download it from webUI. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dimitar said:

About the weather:
Can you give is a log, you can download it from webUI. 

Yes -- if you have a link or email, I can send you the entire log. Here's the weather excerpt:

{"id":0,"lux":5,"...
[2024-06-19 00:00:00.157][Interface] Weather updated, refreshing tile at WEATHER_1718595635086
[2024-06-19 00:00:00.173][Interface] WEATHER DATA INVALID: null
[2024-06-19 00:00:00.174][Interface] DEVICE CONFIG UPDATE. Force: false. Current version 3.04
[2024-06-19 00:00:00.200][Interface] WEATHER DATA INVALID: null
[2024-06-19 00:00:02.332][Interface] Weather updated, refreshing tile at WEATHER_1718595635086
[2024-06-19 00:00:02.349][Interface] WEATHER DATA INVALID: null
[2024-06-19 00:00:02.358][Interface] WEATHER DATA INVALID: null
[2024-06-19 00:01:00.043][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_OUTGOING[NotifyStatus]: {"method":"NotifyStatus","src":"ShellyWallDisplay-000822DFBDDF","dst":"user_1","params":{"temperature:0":{"id":0,"tC":16.7,"tF":62.1},"humidity:0":{"id":0,"rh":48},"illuminance:0":{"id":0,"lux":5,"...
[2024-06-19 00:01:00.182][!!!] --> Sunrise: 07:00:00
[2024-06-19 00:01:00.192][!!!] <-- Sunset:  16:54:00

Which reminds me -- Auto detect location selects the wrong time zone. Australia / Sydney, not Australia / Brisbane or Queensland. I'm sure this is related to the ISP...

Then, when I enter lat/lon manually, the results are not saved.

[2024-06-19 07:36:25.291][!!!] oOo SETTING NEW TIME ZONE: Australia/Brisbane, CURRENT: Australia/Sydney oOo
[2024-06-19 07:36:25.414][!!!] Time-related broadcast received: android.intent.action.TIMEZONE_CHANGED
[2024-06-19 07:36:25.422][!!!] TIME_DATA intent[time-zone:String] = Australia/Brisbane

Edited by bollar

6 hours ago, MiAu said:

I Also notice that this number in the menu is changing when I try to update a new file, but not files are available to play ...

image.png.12bd2af92e3820f5943bd3b7a0a55143.png

Can anyone please confirm if you are successfully playing a MP3 file on your Wall Display? Thank you

No MP3 files in the library, that I uploaded with success.

But The Number Media library (Revision 5) Still increasing .....???? 

image.thumb.png.29fbf60cf9b967983b934d1492d48ccf.png