🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

My Shelly WallDisplay is stuck on old firmware 1.2.3-hotfix. It doesn't perform any update at all, over the display as well as over the WebUI ...  

Any advice how to resolve this?

5 minutes ago, Kusi said:

My Shelly WallDisplay is stuck on old firmware 1.2.3-hotfix. It doesn't perform any update at all, over the display as well as over the WebUI ...  

Any advice how to resolve this?

WTF ... Resetting to Factory state resolved this and now I do get the new Firmware presented. What is going on here...

Hi all, 

perhaps anyone can answer , why is it Not possible to get the station named 

Radio Holiday on the Shelly display? I used also the search Button but the station is not listend .

On my other Internet radios it works 

Hello.

Is there a reason the components of the WD are different to (for example) a Mini1PMG3?

Is it in the roadmap to implement the same components in the WD as the Mini1PMG3?

I would love to be able to add buttons, sliders, enums to the WD as VD buttons, this would be a great addition!

Or, add the option to add other devices (ex Mini1PMG3) VD components to the WD, that would also work.

Grüezi - I have four Wall Displays on 2.2.0-beta5. The Sonos integration works perfectly well if I choose a Sonos One as output device. It does not work at all (spinning wheel) if the output device is a Sonos Era 100. All devices are on the same network, same config, etc. 

Has anyone observed this, too? 

RESOLVED: Restarted all devices and now it works. 

-> Another question: Will it be possible to select groups of speakers instead of single devices in the future?

Many thanks.

Edited by holychair

On 8/18/2024 at 7:00 PM, holychair said:

Grüezi - I have four Wall Displays on 2.2.0-beta5. The Sonos integration works perfectly well if I choose a Sonos One as output device. It does not work at all (spinning wheel) if the output device is a Sonos Era 100. All devices are on the same network, same config, etc. 

-> Another question: Will it be possible to select groups of speakers instead of single devices in the future?

Many thanks.

Hi, and thanks for the input. When a player is grouped with another one (as slave), it reports scrambled information about its queue and play state. It can be controlled (play/pause/volume), but its playback information is somewhat missing. At least this is the case with the undocumented uPnP API. There is information which other player(s) it is grouped with, but I fail to find a distinct property denoting the master and slave(s) in this group. I'm still trying to tackle that so, bear with me just a little longer, okay? Thanks!

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2024 at 7:00 PM, holychair said:

Many thanks.

Good news!

Development has been made to grouped players. I can now correctly determine the coordinator of the group. The thing is, when a satellite speaker is selected, it will not accept play/pause/next/previous commands at all. It will not even report track changes. Only its volume can be changed. Therefore, when a satellite speaker is selected, the user will be limited to the volume slider and a text explaining the situation will be displayed.

Android and uPnP do not work together in a perfect harmony, as you may have noticed in the Sonos S2 app as well, thus keeping references and subscriptions to more than one device at a time is not very productive.

Anyway, it's almost ready now. I need to make a few more tests, and expect a final beta, beta6, today.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, shellisti said:

As @AlexPotter mentioned: 

do the developers have something to say to this, is using Wall Display greater security risk than using regular Shellys? 

Yes, it's Android 7 and the new models will be with Android 8. There's no reason to worry though - it does not connect to anything else than the Cloud (if enabled), to the update server, and to the addresses of any web-hooks you might have set up.

Apart from that, the web-server is custom, it responds only to specific commands and does nothing unchecked. In other words, you cant issue arbitrary commands to the Android from the web-server, which is the only exposed channel.

Here's an nmap scan result:

Nmap scan report for WD-PROD-DEBUG.lan (192.168.7.51)
Host is up (0.040s latency).
Not shown: 998 closed tcp ports (conn-refused)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
80/tcp   open  http
8021/tcp open  ftp-proxy

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 205.06 seconds

Port 8021 is not actually "ftp-proxy", it's the web-server port, to which requests to port 80 are forwarded to through iptables.

• Like 1

Dear all, the [hopefully] final 2.2.0 beta, beta6, is now available for download. Major improvements:

• Grouped SONOS players: will now properly determine the group coordinator and control it. Will display information about satellite players when you select such a player;
  • Removed SONOS re-hook: after 30 minutes of SONOS inactivity, the Wall Display will disconnect from the selected SONOS player and will NOT reconnect on user interaction (as in beta5). You will need to refresh your SONOS player list again. This was caused by very sloppy unsubscribe/resubscribe mechanisms in the Android itself;
  • Will show battery level and status for battery-powered SONOS players;
  • Will show SONOS model images in the list of players - these are provided by the devices themselves, so the colour may not be correct; as is the case in the first screenshot - my Roam SL is black;
  • Other uPnP-related fixes that don't deserve describing here;
  • Updated device_config to version 3.10;
  • Reports and downloaded debug logs will now contain up to 6 logs from the app, plus a logcat dump. The contents of those files are strictly confidential and will not be shared with any third party for whatever reasons;
  • This update should also remove some bloatware apps that attempt to connect to some Chinese sites, searching for an imaginary update.

SONOS_list.png

SONOS_satellite.png

• Thanks 3

Urgent update to 2.2.0-beta7 - in certain cases the uPnP resubscription will fail due to "412 precondition failed", even though I make sure that all replies to notifications have 200 OK status. It may lead to infinite resubscription loop and potentially to device overheating. The retry subscription on failure was removed. Beta6 is down and beta7 is uploaded.

On 8.8.2024 at 13:36, tsmeagain said:

Hi everyone, 

I updated my display to 2.1.0 yesterday. When it was done, the screen was black with no widgets. If I try to add my old device-tiles, it fails after I choose the size of the tile. The main screen just stays black. Anybody knowing what to to here? Already resettet it once, it's connected to the cloud and I can see the other Shelly appliances but no avail to put the onto the main screen menu. 

Deal all,

I have the same problem since 2 days. Main screen stays black all the time and nothing can be configured.
The Widgets must be still available, because configuring Weather I get the message, that Weather already existent.

However, the bottom row is displayed correctly (Shelly logo/ Home / Settings / Time). Resetting does not solve the problem.

What can I do to solve the issue?

BR Mario

Hi,

I just joined on the community cause I'm new on using shelly products and I really appreciate them on automating my house.

I'm here cause I'd like to suggest some improvements on the shelly wall display:

1) I'd like split the components in multiple pages to organize them. At the moment I embed something on the Home page where is possible to horizontally scroll. But if I want to add a lot of devices then it's necessary to scroll a lot. Maybe could be useful manage this task similarly to the "Dashboard" section on the mobile app (multiple tabs customization).

2) I'd like to manage alarms on the wall just with a card (arming, disarming, status indicator) similarly to a light button.

Edited by Raffaele

• QA members

The update to 2.2.0 production went smoothly. The only potential regression I noticed so far: for some reason after the update the list of countries (in Music->By country) is empty (0 countries). The existing favorite stations continue to work just fine, and search for stations by name works fine (and returns results from multiple countries)

1 minute ago, TheRegister Unique said:

The update to 2.2.0 production went smoothly. The only potential regression I noticed so far: for some reason after the update the list of countries (in Music->By country) is empty (0 countries). The existing favorite stations continue to work just fine, and search for stations by name works fine (and returns results from multiple countries)

Thanks, I'll look into it. When you search for a station, you can add the country code to the end, e.g. "Badrock bg" will search for "Badrock" in Bulgarian stations only.

• QA members
2 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Thanks, I'll look into it. When you search for a station, you can add the country code to the end, e.g. "Badrock bg" will search for "Badrock" in Bulgarian stations only.

False alarm, the full reboot of the device solved the problem. 

23 minutes ago, TheRegister Unique said:

False alarm, the full reboot of the device solved the problem. 

A soft reboot should've fixed it as well - it simply needed to download the list while online. Nevertheless, I'll look into it. Once the list is downloaded, you know, countries don't change that often. 😄

my Display need a reboot to offer me the new version. I click 4 or 5 times on "check again" but nothing was shown.

after a reboot now the WD offer me 2.2.1

image.png.c969c9edb64675ae841c44b8710e0ccb.png

also via MQTT i dont get some values with 2.2.0. (IOB and actual shelly Plugin)

image.thumb.png.687846f2ace93195bd91838bd6107014.png

is this known, or work fine for all other - but not for me 😞

Edited by schreckus

Received several new wall displays and once this fw upgrade is done there are no power buttons available for devices? Did this fw version get rid of them? All devices show is default icon and when activated the whole card turns white (white washed)