🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

Hello everyone,
I came back from vacation a few days ago and Shelly has just given me an update.....so I seem to like the world better. 🙂

Joking aside, I am currently on firmware 2.1.0 and have tried to connect a Bluetooth audio box (Bose SoundLink Mini II) which worked without any problems. Now I also wanted to connect my google home max audio speakers, but it doesn't seem to find them, I own several Schelly Wall Diesplay's but the problem seems to exist with all of them. 

Do you have the same problem or do any of you own a google home max audio speaker and could possibly test it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello!

Did anybody test SW input in beta FW's is it now possible to use input independently from output? (Decoupled mode).

I have a floor heating, which acts as a cooling in summer. System controller activates 220v output when it's in cooling mode("cross over function"). This output goes to all the standard thermostats in my apartment, so those switch from heating to cooling mode (see picture).

I would like to achieve exactly the same with Shelly wall display:

1. Activate thermostat mode in heating mode by default

2. Switch to cooling mode if SW input is active

Should this work now with Wall display or there is still a bug with SW input?

Screenshot_20240808-193346.png

Edited by JayKay

4 hours ago, JayKay said:

Hello!

Did anybody test SW input in beta FW's is it now possible to use input independently from output? (Decoupled mode).

looks like it will work:-) but actual i dont test this

image.png

image.png

15 hours ago, JayKay said:

I have a floor heating, which acts as a cooling in summer. System controller activates 220v output when it's in cooling mode("cross over function"). This output goes to all the standard thermostats in my apartment, so those switch from heating to cooling mode (see picture).

Could you add a Shelly input (relay or similar) in the cooling controller and switch the modes with actions as an alternative perhaps?

http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:heating}

http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:cooling}

Hey all, 2.2.0-beta5 is up with more SONOS improvements. There were problems with the uPnP subscriptions, which may have caused your WD interface to hang - not going to happen anymore. Also, after 30 minutes of inactivity (no notifications from the speaker), the SONOS device will be released and re-attached again after you touch the screen.

• Thanks 1

Firmware works good with my speakers (4 Solo Sonos Play1, 2x2 Paired Sonos Play1, 1xRoam).

But two things i noticed.

1.) Updates of the favourites of Sonos do not come through. For example i added radiostation via tunein in sonos up and erazed others. The new ones appear after refreshing it. But the erased ones still appear. Even after a soft-reboot they are not erased. Nothing really serious but still something to take a look in i thing.

Also not all Favourites appear in WallDisplay. Only first 10?

2.) I tried to find a way to activate / deactivate the alarm (Shelly alarm not the Sonos one!). Could not find a way. Maybe it is not yet implemented?

Thanks again for FW2.0 it is awesome!

Edited by Riddler

On 8/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, Martin_ said:

Could you add a Shelly input (relay or similar) in the cooling controller and switch the modes with actions as an alternative perhaps?

http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:heating}

Thank for the advice. Not sure if I understood it right though.

Will let Wall Display to act as thermostat for heating/cooling even in standalone mode?(Like if any smart home hub, e.g Homeassistant or even whole wifi network is down).

Bare minimum what I want from Shelly wall display is to reproduce the same functionality that my dumb thermostat has(incl. switching from heating to cooling). Is it possible at all based on SW input?

• Like 1

Hello,

is it possible to remove the Temp. Humidity and Consumption on the top, main goal for me is to have Sonos in full screen, with nothing else showing.

Would be fantastic if it would be possible to hide the lower task bar, like in Windows 

Cheers Boris 

• Like 1

Hello,

I've been on the V2.2 Beta firmware since release and haven't had an issue until recently.

The Total house consumption isn't showing anymore on the wall display anymore.  Its just showing zero W.  I'm not sure when this had changed, given there has been a few Beta updates recently.

I'm using a 3EM Pro on a 3 Phase system in Australia. All that data is working as expected.  The data is showing as expected on the App and also via Home Assistant.

Is there a setting I'm missing that has changed recently?

Wall display is on FW 2.2-beta 5 and 3EM Pro is on FW 1.4.2-beta 1

PXL_20240811_070524049.jpg

Edited by Wayne H
Added Picture of issue

Hi @Olsche

Im trying to change the mode from heating to cooling from the input of the WD, but i can't get it to work.

Perhaps you can help me?

This command works only from virtual buttons and "Screen swipe and Screen touch":

But it does not work if i try to change the mode locally or if use actions in "input:0" and use trigger "Input toggle".

http://127.0.0.1/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:cooling}

I have made actions in "input:0" and i see that i get key events from debug (when using input SW), but no webhooks are sent.

What am i missing here?

53 minutes ago, Olsche said:

As far as I know, there is no provision for hardware input (SW) in thermostat mode.

But maybe @Dimitar Buckoff can still be convinced that this feature will also be provided 😇

Thank you for your prompt reply, that explains a lot 🙂 

@Dimitar Buckoff i would love this feature! 🥳

It could be used to control different things, lights etc.

Often room thermostats have a light switch below it, so adding a "free" input in the WD could make the switch below a smart switch with multiple actions (1, 2,3 long and short press), i have this exact scenario.

Edited by Martin_

On 8/10/2024 at 7:18 PM, JayKay said:

Thank for the advice. Not sure if I understood it right though.

Sorry, i will try to be more clear, do ask if I'm not!

Will let Wall Display to act as thermostat for heating/cooling even in standalone mode?(Like if any smart home hub, e.g Homeassistant or even whole wifi network is down).

Yes, the display always works as a thermostat, and you can change the heating / cooling directly in WD in settings (if everything fails)

Bare minimum what I want from Shelly wall display is to reproduce the same functionality that my dumb thermostat has(incl. switching from heating to cooling). Is it possible at all based on SW input?

Not with SW input, it was confirmed above, but this is how i would do it in your case:

This is your current connection to the heating system as I understand it, correct?

Thermostat.png.8e83e88bdcbea24fd586023a25f4cf86.png

1. Add a shelly device with a input (ex 1PM mini Gen 3) and connect the control output from your heating system to the input of that device as below:

Heating-cooling.thumb.jpg.56aaf36cd238a2c9da0509ea659a71b0.jpg

2. Make actions in the 1PM mini that switches your thermostats from cooling to heating when input is on or off with this command:  

Heating: http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:heating}

Cooling: http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:cooling}

You can add 5 thermostats per action, if you have more, add more actions.

inputswitch.thumb.png.4752a9ca8c8a8dcaa7d803deff3a7e55.png

Done!

Edited by Martin_
Added image.

1 hour ago, Wayne H said:

No, they are in separate rooms and they were previously as well. 

I've moved the Shelly Wall display to the same room as the 3EM Pro and the consumption data is now working. So the question is, has the wall displays now been changed, to only display the consumption data of the room they are assigned too?

18 hours ago, Martin_ said:

Sorry, i will try to be more clear, do ask if I'm not!

Yes, the display always works as a thermostat, and you can change the heating / cooling directly in WD in settings (if everything fails)

Not with SW input, it was confirmed above, but this is how i would do it in your case:

This is your current connection to the heating system as I understand it, correct?

Thermostat.png.8e83e88bdcbea24fd586023a25f4cf86.png

1. Add a shelly device with a input (ex 1PM mini Gen 3) and connect the control output from your heating system to the input of that device as below:

Heating-cooling.thumb.jpg.56aaf36cd238a2c9da0509ea659a71b0.jpg

2. Make actions in the 1PM mini that switches your thermostats from cooling to heating when input is on or off with this command:  

Heating: http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:heating}

Cooling: http://IP_OF_WD/rpc/Thermostat.SetConfig?config={%22id%22:0,%22type%22:cooling}

You can add 5 thermostats per action, if you have more, add more actions.

inputswitch.thumb.png.4752a9ca8c8a8dcaa7d803deff3a7e55.png

Done!

Hi Martin,

Thank you a lot for a very detailed description. It could potentially work, but there are 2 reasons why I personally think, it might be not a perfect solution:

1. It's still a workaround. With this solution we are not using SW of Wall display despite it's there should perfectly fit my goad(and as we see from this thread, not only mine)

2. It's wifi-network dependent. So if a router/wifi connection on any side fails, this will not work anymore. Is there any option to do the same via some BT module connected directly to WD?

@Dimitar Buckoff Please, let WD switch between cooling and heating based on SW input. It's a very common use case here in Germany, at least in new buildings. I guess, it should be a big deal to add such in option in thermostat mode settings

Edited by JayKay

5 hours ago, JayKay said:

Hi Martin,

it might be not a perfect solution:

Hi JayKay.

If you get into (perhaps you already are) IoT, there is almost no "perfect" solution for all things in the house.

While i understand your points, perhaps sometimes the idea of the "perfect" solution might be a good enough one.

1. It's still a workaround. With this solution we are not using SW of Wall display despite it's there should perfectly fit my goad(and as we see from this thread, not only mine)

Perhaps depending on your usage case of the WD, this might not be an issue at all

If you only change your thermostat to control heating / cooling and you wanted a display, then yes, perhaps it's not "perfect" for your usage case (or perhaps it is) see below.

But, if you are going to use any other functions of the WD, then you need WiFi and / or internet.

2. It's wifi-network dependent. So if a router/wifi connection on any side fails, this will not work anymore. Is there any option to do the same via some BT module connected directly to WD?

I understand your point, but, BT fails, hardware fails, your heating systems can fail, nothing is perfect. 

The only thing that might not switch automatically (while the Wifi is down temporarily) is between heating and cooling in spring / autumn, and if the Wifi is down you will notice it directly (i guess you have many things that are on Wifi).

You make a script that checks if the switch is made, that always polls the thermostats.

That would (in my opinion) be more robust than a standard heating system, as Shelly can send a message if something is not working right.

You can also now monitor all thermostats (and states) and zones, check that all the devices are working etc and gain alarm functions if it's too hot / cold for different automations and alarms.

So, what is fails safe and robust i guess is the question.

Yes, Wifi can go down temporarily, but you will gain monitoring that you did not have before.

Add to that all the things you can do with the WD and compare it to a "dumb" thermostat, i think it's a no brainer to get it.

This is only my opinion, and i have advocated to use physical buttons (connected to relays / dimmer etc) for lights etc always (as backup if Wifi goes down) but in the last build I'm doing now, I'm moving away from it.

I don't touch my switches in the house any more, everything is mobile, or automatic and i have around 70 IoT devices (Lights, Heating, Cooling, Ventilation, Media, Audio all on WiFi).

I have had the power go out more times then the WiFi goes out, so if I'm to guess, the future is a WD in the room and no more pulling cables all over the place to all lights and functions.

It just makes sense these days, (in a home enviroment) Wifi is now so essential for everything.

For critical components, then sure there are exceptions in the way to implement that control 🙂 

In short, go for it 😄 

Edited by Martin_

Your Shelly WallDisplay has failed to update. 

My firmwere is 1.2.11 and update from android app, not working. On WallDisplay not show new firmware (You are using the latest version of the firmware). When I update from webUI (link: https://repo.shelly.cloud/firmware/SAWD-0A1XX10EU1/stable/SAWD-0A1XX10EU1-2.1.0-stable.zip), then write: Your Shelly WallDisplay has failed to update. 

My WallDisplay in Cloud showing: Offline, is visible only from Wifi

Edited by Billy-sk

[2024-08-13 13:38:12.778][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_START: shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.821][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_END: E:true P:true W:true
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.834][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING:shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.841][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING_ERROR: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with hostname)
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.842][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_RECONNECTING: 5000ms
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.864][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_START: shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.896][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_END: E:true P:true W:true
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.906][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING:shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.912][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING_ERROR: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with hostname)
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.914][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_RECONNECTING: 5000ms

Edited by Billy-sk

Dear Community!

Could you please give me the wall display RPC url, for a soft reboot.

http://10.10.40.112/rpc/Shelly.Reboot: it is the hard reboot, but it takes too long time for me, and my problem is solvable with the soft reboot too.

Thanks!

Edited by Gábor Tályai
typo

21 hours ago, Billy-sk said:

[2024-08-13 13:38:12.778][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_START: shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.821][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_END: E:true P:true W:true
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.834][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING:shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.841][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING_ERROR: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with hostname)
[2024-08-13 13:38:12.842][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_RECONNECTING: 5000ms
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.864][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_START: shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.896][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_INIT_END: E:true P:true W:true
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.906][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING:shelly-5-eu.shelly.cloud:6022/jrpc
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.912][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_CONNECTING_ERROR: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with hostname)
[2024-08-13 13:38:17.914][Cloud] SHELLY_CLOUD_RECONNECTING: 5000ms

Solved with remove wifi pass and new connect to wifi