🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

2.2.0-beta2 is now live with some fixes:

1. The SONOS discovery process will now check if the discovered device is a SONOS device (d'uh);
  2. Fixed uPnP subscriptions and their renewals - the SONOS connection will now not disappear after an hour or so;
  3. Other fixes from crash reports.

Thank you all for your support!

20 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

As for choosing the current speaker, if you have more than one coordinator speaker in your WiFi, you should see a list of them in the first page after clicking "SONOS". Nevertheless, please keep in mind that multi-speaker set ups support is currently under testing. So, hang on 🙂

Yeah, no problems at all, great to have Sonos integration!

I tried 2.2.0-beta2 but have the same thing with selecting Sonos speaker not showing up.

Could we get ex "long press" on the Sonos button to show all speaker as well as the automatic way?

Could we have a "always select this speaker (or IP)" option as the display might be in a room with the same speaker?

Now when i restart the display it randomly selects the speaker.

Edited by Martin_

10 minutes ago, Martin_ said:

Yeah, no problems at all, great to have Sonos integration!

I tried 2.2.0-beta2 but have the same thing with selecting Sonos speaker not showing up.

Could we get ex "long press" on the Sonos button to show all speaker as well as the automatic way?

Could we have a "always select this speaker (or IP)" option as the display might be in a room with the same speaker?

Now when i restart the display it randomly selects the speaker.

The idea is to present the user with a list of coordinator speakers to select from. Upon selection the speaker should be remembered and selected through restarts. Again, it's still not fully tested.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2024 at 3:47 PM, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Thank you!

Unfortunately your suggestion is not applicable as uPnP will not work over VLAN.

I have working firewall rules so i can control Sonos with the app (iOS) from any VLAN in my system.

Does the display work different then the app (regarding finding / controlling Sonos components), or is it a programming thing when searching for the system?

On 21.7.2024 at 15:39, Wazzco said:

Hi Dimitar & crew,

AWESOME I'm now on the 2.0.0-beta3 and love it!!! Especially discovering 

One suggestion though: I'd really like to be able to get more settings on the screensaver:

- Necessity for me: Ability to disable the temperature and humidity values displaying in the screensaver, as these are not relevant to me, especially in screen saver)

- Necessity for me: Ideally also (in line with an earlier request in this thread) ability to disable display of the temperature, humidity and power in the top bar of the main display. -> much more useful use of the interface real estate in my view.

- Nice to have: ability to reposition the elements displayed in the screensaver (time, picture, media player) 

- Dream for me: Ability to play music files or playlists stored elsewhere (NAS/Spotify/YouTube playlist/UPnP?)

Otherwise, excellent progress making this an excellent product!!!

Thanks again for the great work!

Congrats on getting Sonos integrated at top speed! Impressive! 

Just coming back to the earlier request of the screensaver settings: I notice in the screensaver settings on the WD itself  that only ‘priority’ can be given to either clock, temp or humidity… and not switch on/off individually.

In my Shelly app (v 3.103.20)iPhone the wall display has the options to switch elements on/off individually, but without effect on the WD…

Any chance this would be addressed?

thx!

4 minutes ago, Ale said:

Yes I know, but you can not control if the electromechanical dry rele is working or not ... when this rele breake , you do not realice from distance ! in your app everithing will loooks good and functioning but you heating system do not work.. Thanks !!

This topic is about the 2.0 firmware. Please ask in a separate topic. Thanks.

5 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

2.2.0-beta3 is now active in the beta channel. This time the multi-SONOS setup must work correctly. @Martin_, please confirm.

Works great for me! 🎉

Nice work!

*edit

Have tested it more now and it is great to control sonos with the display 🙂

Could we get a "tap zone" on the volume slider? On the top and bottom as in the picture? (grey frame only indication of area)

Short press = 1%, long press = logarithmic increase (or whatever is easy to implement)

This would be as a complement to the sliding function, would be nice to easy set the prefect volume.

An indication under the album with selected speaker  and perhaps % of volume is something i also would appriciate.

Sonos.jpg.b6bf9645ddb16a4577c65e2a32ac0726.jpg

Edited by Martin_
Addes some things.

22 minutes ago, markus7017 said:

Where to find the documentation for the WD specific RPC commands,

@markus7017 Have a look here 👍

*Perhaps you needed documentation for each command, sry was too quick to answer.

Edited by Martin_
Clarity.

Idle temp of the display seems to have gone up with firmware beta 3.

The only setting change is updating to beta3, display is off when not used and in the same AC controlled room.

Images display temp change after installing beta 3 this is what happened to the temp.

Idle1.png.67135665326bce618417fbadf234587b.pngIdle2.png.6d00d820b290bfb31f4cc2a2c2360e5c.png

Inconsistency for the temperature icon of the wall display, it does not have the same layout as the H&T devices. I think it is more readable when the icon is to the left as for the H&T devices, the text can be bigger then.

SmartSelect_20240730_125323_Shelly Smart Control.jpg

Edited by KungWaz
Image update
  • Like 1

Is there an issue with beta4 and the media player and volume setting when playing audio clips?

I play audio for events, and the volume does not seem to change from the current setting.

I use this command: 

http://192.168.4.222/rpc/Media.MediaPlayer.PlayAudioClip?id=3&volume=80

No matter the volume value the level remains the same (as it is set), but the clip play fine.

Same for "local" buttons with command:

http://127.0.0.1/rpc/Media.MediaPlayer.PlayAudioClip?id=2&volume=80

Edited by Martin_

Hi,maybe a dumb question, but hopefully someone can help me out: 
I created a virutal button to use ist to send a webhook with POST methode to my HA instance. 
Unfortunatelly I was able to enter the URL, but I don't know how to add the POST-Method. 

Thanks everybody for your help!

BR

Oliver

I'd like to use my wall display as a thermostat - so far so good.
However, I want to controll 2 devices = 2 infrared-panels, where each is controlled with a PM1. At the moment in Version 2.X it is only possible to select one device and not multiple. 
Will this be addressed?

On another note: great update, I like the new UI

Edited by brandi

On 8/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, Olsche said:

accepted volume parameter are between 0...10

Thanks for pointing that out! (can delete my post.)

Must have set the volume and began testing, as the command executes and plays the audio (with my wrong volume level), but does not change the volume.

22 hours ago, oliverb said:

I created a virutal button to use ist to send a webhook with POST methode to my HA instance. 
Unfortunatelly I was able to enter the URL, but I don't know how to add the POST-Method. 

BR

Oliver

Hi @oliverb, i also use webhooks with HA and don't need POST (its built in the virtual button)

This is how i do it:

Webhook.thumb.png.1e29c083688181bb021342370f307087.png

For example: http://192.168.1.10:8123/api/webhook/-d_FQkvfErM_BBFY0u6ATMycZ

• Like 1

• QA members
On 8/4/2024 at 6:24 PM, oliverb said:

BR

Oliver

Not the webhook solution.

But you can listen for a shelly.click event and use that to make an automation.

shelly.click.png

• Like 1

• New Members
On 2.8.2024 at 00:07, Martin_ said:

@markus7017 Have a look here 👍

*Perhaps you needed documentation for each command, sry was too quick to answer.

I saw this, but if I use Thermostat.SetConfig to change the target temp it returns error -114 SERVICE_NOT_AVAILABLE

Hi everyone, 

I updated my display to 2.1.0 yesterday. When it was done, the screen was black with no widgets. If I try to add my old device-tiles, it fails after I choose the size of the tile. The main screen just stays black. Anybody knowing what to to here? Already resettet it once, it's connected to the cloud and I can see the other Shelly appliances but no avail to put the onto the main screen menu.