Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

57 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Added PlayAudioClip to Media.MediaPlayer RPC:

1. /rpc/Media.MediaPlayer.PlayAudioClip?id=10&volume=10
  2. The command takes as parameter the id of the item you want to play, taken from Media.List;
  3. If the player is currently playing, the playback will be paused and then resumed after the audio clip finishes playing;
  4. Issuing the command again while an audio clip is playing will cancel the current one and play the new one. Playback will resume from where it was paused on the first call;
  5. The command accepts a volume parameter (between 0 and 10). The volume will be set to this value only for this playback. After the audio clip finishes playing the volume will be returned to the original value

Dear Dimitar Buckoff!

This is exactly what I wanted! Thank you very much, I can't wait for the final firmware to be released 🙂

By the way, is there any way to sign up for the beta versions?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

2.1.0-beta1 is now live on the beta channel.

Some clarification as it is obviously required.

CLOUD IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THE DEVICE TO WORK!

Although the Wall Display was conceived and developed with the idea of being Cloud-connected, it can work without Cloud. Cloud connection is only needed if you want to be able to control it remotely from the Shelly Smart Control application.

SHELLY ACCOUNT IS ALSO NOT REQUIRED FOR THE DEVICE TO WORK!

A Shelly account is only required if you want to be able to add other devices from your account to the home page of the Wall Display and unlock its full potential. Otherwise you'll just have a fancy light switch. The choice is yours.

There is, and propably will not be, any documentation about Firewall rules (IP plus Ports) required in order the WD cloud connection to work properly ?

I noticed connection trials using ports 80, 6xxx (several) and 123 (ntp). HTTPS was not used. I provided the ip for the time setver and WD used it, but WD wanted also to use other time servers in China and in Ukraina. The HTTP was used to several locations on China.

Anyway, I dislike the idea of allowing unlimited internet access to the Shellys, which are used control the heating of our house.

The WD advertisement needs to be changed to match the functionality ie cloud IS REQUIRED for full usage. With 1 WD one can buy 5 other Shellys, if just a simple relay switch is what one eventually gets from WD without internet. Cloud registration is also required for all Shellys one plans to use with WD, I understood.

13 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Although the Wall Display was conceived and developed with the idea of being Cloud-connected, it can work without Cloud. Cloud connection is only needed if you want to be able to control it remotely from the Shelly Smart Control application.

A Shelly account is only required if you want to be able to add other devices from your account to the home page of the Wall Display and unlock its full potential. Otherwise you'll just have a fancy light switch. The choice is yours.

Thank you Dimitar.

Just wanted to explain my and some other comments. Please understand we are very big fans of Shelly devices. Most of us invested a lot of time and money into the product. I am an IT/Software engineer with more than 10 years experience in home automation working with about 20-30 different brands constantly. So far Shelly was my favorite mainly because of:

1. Using open standards/protocols

2. All functionality is available locally, no cloud activation/management is required.

3. Following normal/best practices in software industry regarding documentation, change/release notes

I understand WD is obviously more complicated product than just switch and may require a different approach but if so it was probably a good idea to advertise it under a separate brand.

For now I personally see:

1. Using unpatched Android 7 as a base. (very outdated, insecure)

2. Not sharing source code as suppose to by GPL license. So basically breaching the licensing

3. Not following all other products regarding release/change notes practice.

4. As was pointed before (may be fixed in the latest firmware release btw) some functionality was relying on the product to be registered/activated in the cloud.

Its just so different from the previous company approach about openness and connection with customer base it makes me and seems some other your customers to worry. Hope you understand.

• Like 4

Is it possible to display the value of the analog input on the WallDisplay widget for the switch of a ShellyPlus1 with ShellyPlus Addon? ( Ideally the value from 'Custom percent expression' together with the 'Custom Unit')

I have not yet found a way to do this. Possibly planned to be integrated?

It looks very nice in the Shelly app, so I would also like to have it on the WallDisplay.

Screenshot_20240726_064220_Shelly Smart Control.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Otherwise you'll just have a fancy light switch.

To be honest, that's more of a joke, isn't it? You buy a rather expensive electronic device with great possibilities, and the manufacturer says, sure, it works completely without the cloud, but then only as a simple switch.
I think you build so many great products that all work completely without the cloud, so a statement like that is quite unexpected.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 3:16 PM, Dimitar Buckoff said:

2.1.0-beta1 is now live on the beta channel. Changes include:

1. Removed some restrictions for unregistered devices. Now, even before adding the device to your account you can:
    1. Edit the tiles on the home page (you can't remove the "this device" tile);
    2. Add music and weather tiles;
    3. Control the "turn screen off" setting;
  2. Fixed an issue that caused devices with more than one add-on to display only one of them;
  3. Media Library items now have consistent IDs;
  4. WebUI will now limit uploading of media files to allow only supported ones;
  5. Added PlayAudioClip to Media.MediaPlayer RPC:
    1. /rpc/Media.MediaPlayer.PlayAudioClip?id=10&volume=10
    2. The command takes as parameter the id of the item you want to play, taken from Media.List;
    3. If the player is currently playing, the playback will be paused and then resumed after the audio clip finishes playing;
    4. Issuing the command again while an audio clip is playing will cancel the current one and play the new one. Playback will resume from where it was paused on the first call;
    5. The command accepts a volume parameter (between 0 and 10). The volume will be set to this value only for this playback. After the audio clip finishes playing the volume will be returned to the original value;
  6. Media Player play commands (PlayOrPause, Play, Next, Previous) now accept a volume parameter (between 0 and 10) - the volume level set with these methods remains permanent;
  7. Fixed the display of negative values on the main page Temperature and Consumption tiles;
  8. Location and timezone set by the user will now be correctly remembered and retained through app restarts.

@Dimitar Buckoff

Why it was lost the possiblity to change the room for the consumption panel?  Before this firmware updates it was possible to show the consumption from the all house or another room instead of simply show only the consumption of the room where the wall display is. @Dimitar, said to me, on Facebook support page, that this possibility will be again included . Is it? When?

It's very annoying to lose functionalities without any explanation. That said, I enjoy and love this new updates. Keep up the good work. 

I'm look forward for an answer.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hi @Dimitar

Different question:

Would it be possible to add virtual buttons to the thermostat page?

2 buttons (virtual or devices) would fit under on off square?

This would allow to control ex AC fan speed, fan direction etc via URL or relays depending on usage case.

Would improve the thermostat function big time for me!

Edited by Martin_
  • Like 1

I have created a script for those who want to play a sound on the Wall Display based on a timer. The script checks the status every 5 seconds and starts playback after 30 seconds.

Here is the script:

https://community.shelly.cloud/topic/1805-voice-notification-from-the-wall-display-playing-any-mp3-if-the-gate-remains-open-for-a-certain-period

Dear Dimitar! Thank you! This feature has helped a lot!

• Like 3

Is there any plan to add Virtual components (Number, Groups) and support scripting? Or at least enable adding virtual groups/devices from other shelly gen3 devices to home screen?

I would like to display values from my HA sensors.

Thank you, BR.

• Like 5

@Dimitar would be great to have min /Max and current  temp for Full Day on weather Panel in Addition to the temp for certain Hours. Also a optional view with Graph view would be cool.

If those few Informations could be also flexible added to the screensaver that would really be added value!

Excelente Thanks!

Let me ask you some thing ...
Way the wall panel does not have a dry contact to connect directly to a heating boiler? with this option we could reduce some potential situation of fail in the heating controlling system:
As an example if during my holidays I have any Wifi problems whithin my house or from my internet supplier, the temp sensor within the panel will not trigger the rele asociated to the virtual thermostat in shelly app. Otherwise if the panel has the internal rele as a dry contact, we could relate both in the virtual thermostat and the conection bwteen is in the electronic and never fail! (as the tipical thermostat)
Could be a fantastic solution for the panel I think (becose is not so dramatic a lighting fail as a climating fail)

thanks and regards!
Alejandro

2.2.0-beta1 is now live on the beta channel. This beta includes only one change: SONOS SUPPORT!

In order to control your SONOS speaker, after updating to 2.2.0-beta1:

1. Make sure your SONOS speaker and the Wall Display are in the same network;
  2. Go to Settings -> Audio and click "Link SONOS...". You'll need to enter your username and password. Unfortunately this is the only way as there's no QR login API for SONOS as far as I know. This step is required in order to fetch your favourites and saved playlists (the latter still not quite working because of problems with the SONOS API);
  3. Allow Shelly to control your SONOS system;
  4. When done, the device will search for your SONOS players and the Music Tile will show a SONOS playlist item;
  5. When you enter the SONOS item you will be able to choose from Favourites, Playlists and Queue. If no SONOS speaker was discovered, you'll see a Refresh item. Touch that to search again;
  6. SONOS integration is designed to coexist with the current Media Library. Therefore, depending on what's playing (Radio, Library or SONOS), the corresponding item in the playlist will be highlighted.

All and any feedback on this feature will be much appreciated. As this is a beta, please don't be alarmed if you encounter problems. Report them here so they can be fixed.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2024 at 7:35 PM, Gábor Tályai said:

Dear Olsche!

It's really there! I don't know how I didn't notice it until now... 🙂

Thanks!

There actually is a known issue with the app not showing certain beta updates. The FE team is aware of this and working on a solution. In the meantime you will always be able to update to beta firmware from the screen (Settings->General->About->Check for Update) or from the WebUI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

2.2.0-beta1 is now live on the beta channel. This beta includes only one change: SONOS SUPPORT!

Fantastic, quick work!

I have a question, perhaps im stupid 🙂 but how do i change the Sonos speaker?

If  i press Sonos, then i get directly to the second image where the speaker is choosen.

It seems to auto choose at startup?

Sonos1.png.9ce3295b127381ee8db050761a9a1357.pngSonos2.png.c81c8edf4fb9a3cc2a670dd7e58ee60e.png

Update.

I would love a setting to to enter a IP to a Sonos speaker, i use VLAN (for iot etc) so this would be a great addition as perhaps not everyone have sonos on the same VLAN.

Edited by Martin_
Added VLAN question.

9 minutes ago, Martin_ said:

Fantastic, quick work!

I have a question, perhaps im stupid 🙂 but how do i change the Sonos speaker?

If  i press Sonos, then i get directly to the second image where the speaker is choosen.

It seems to auto choose at startup?

Sonos1.png.9ce3295b127381ee8db050761a9a1357.pngSonos2.png.c81c8edf4fb9a3cc2a670dd7e58ee60e.png

Update.

I would love a setting to to enter a IP to a Sonos speaker, i use VLAN (for iot etc) so this would be a great addition as perhaps not everyone have sonos on the same VLAN.

Thank you!

Unfortunately your suggestion is not applicable as uPnP will not work over VLAN.

3 minutes ago, Dimitar Buckoff said:

Unfortunately your suggestion is not applicable as uPnP will not work over VLAN.

Right, understood 👍

Don't know if there is a roadmap to add Sonos cloud api as alternative to local control for this situation? 

Did you have any info about choosing the active Sonos speaker in the display?

14 minutes ago, Martin_ said:

Right, understood 👍

Don't know if there is a roadmap to add Sonos cloud api as alternative to local control for this situation? 

Did you have any info about choosing the active Sonos speaker in the display?

The SONOS Cloud API, although free, is limited to number of calls per minute. We believe that we will be quite quick to reach it and the service will become very slow or even unresponsive.

As for choosing the current speaker, if you have more than one coordinator speaker in your WiFi, you should see a list of them in the first page after clicking "SONOS". Nevertheless, please keep in mind that multi-speaker set ups support is currently under testing. So, hang on 🙂

• Like 1