1.4.0 beta version for Gen2+ Shelly devices released / 1.4.0 Betaversion für Gen2+ Shelly-Geräte veröffentlicht ×

Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0

Dear all, 

We are happy to release completely re-designed Shelly Wall Display UI. On top of that we added more features as: Weather and Music player for MP3 files + Radio streaming. For maximum music experience we recommend you to pair you Wall Display with an external Bluetooth speaker. 

THIS IS A BETA VERSION !!! You may lose stored data and may need to make a factory reset. Please report all discovered bug in comments of this thread. 

How to update: 

1. Use device UI and update it to Beta version. 
  2. Attention: After the update the device screen may stay black for a while - DO NOT REBOOT, then you will see the new UI. 
  3. Enjoy 

Managing display UI: 

There are 2 different tile sizes - Single (50% of screen height) and Double (100% of screen height). You can change card size later for all tiles except for Music and Weather. 

You can add to your home screen: Device tiles, Scene tiles, Group tiles, Virtual button tiles, Weather tile and Music player tile. 

To do that you need to swipe from top of the screen and choose "+" button. Then follow the on-screen instructions. 

To re-arrange card position, change the card or delete it, choose "Pen" icon, then the icon related to the action you want to perform. 

image.png.7c99316eb565ecbdbf7d128a903ca01d.png

How to set weather: 

1. Scroll down from the top of the screen, choose a "+" and then choose Weather. 
  2. Now you have the Weather tile on your home screen. This tile can not be resized.
  3. You can only have one tile of this type on your home screen.
  4. Press "..." on the right-bottom of the tile to see detailed forecast information.
  5. You can also force update the forecast if the automatic update failed for some reason.

image.png.5a6417fff9b17b3785fc3a49578bf6cd.png

How to set and use music player: 

1. On you home screen swipe down from the top, choose "+" and then choose Music. 
  2. Now you have the Music player tile on your home screen. This tile can not be resized.
  3. You can only have one tile of this type on your home screen.
  4. Press "..." on the right-bottom of the card to browse more than 55000 radio stations separated by country. You can also search for particular radio stations.
  5. If you want to search for a radio station in a specific country, add its name to the end of your query (e.g. "Magic Bulgaria" or "Magic bg"). 
  6. Currently no other streaming services are supported but we will add them in the future. 
  7. There is option to upload your favourite MP3 files directly. To do that you need to open Web UI by IP address. Go to Media and Drag and Drop files. At the moment you need to do that one by one. Upload multiple files at same time will be supported in the future.
  8. Please keep in mind that the more MP3 files you upload, the longer the Media Library will load. If you upload too many files, this may affect the application startup. 

image.png.6edd90d48cf4597a45bfd5eda1974dfd.png

Pair external Bluetooth speaker: 

1. Put your speaker into pairing mode. 
  2. Choose Setting icon on the bottom of the screen.
  3. Click on Audio, then choose "Pair with Bluetooth speaker". 
  4. Choose your speaker from the list. 

image.png.1346e463dd95ad5d32b262e85571d2f0.png

Set any Shelly external temperature sensor in your account: 

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and choose the "Pen" icon. 
  2. On the left-top side you will see an option to "Choose a sensor". 
  3. Click on it, choose a room and then choose a device which report temperature.
  4. Note: this sensor's reading will only be displayed on the first two header tiles (Temperature and Humidity). To make the Wall Display use the data from a different sensor, you must pair a Shelly BLU H&T.

Pair the device with Shelly BLU H&T: 

1. Click on "Settings" Icon on the bottom of the screen. 
  2. Choose "General".
  3. Choose "Pair with external sensor". 
  4. Follow the prompt holding BLU H&T button close to the screen (20-30 cm). 
  5. Paired sensor will be used as main sensor for Shelly Wall display.

Virtual buttons: 

Virtual buttons allow you to send from Shelly Wall display a HTTP requests to 3rd party systems (e.g. HA). 

1. Open Web UI by IP
  2. Click on "Components"
  3. Click on "New component" and set a Name. 
  4. The new virtual component will appear in the list.
  5. On the right side you will find the Actions icon. There you can set HTTP command which want to be send when button is pushed 1, 2 or 3 times, or long pushed. 
  6. image.png.a9eddafbb9216cf9b30ef8f1b9f2636e.png
  7. Now, on the home screen of your Wall Display swipe down from top of the screen. 
  8. Click "+" and then choose "Virtual components"
  9. Select the created button. 
  10. Choose size of the card as you want and add it to the screen. 
  11. You now have a virtual button on your home screen. Try tapping it once, twice, thrice and holding it.

image.png.4b46be0014d4a56354fa13dd917175aa.png

Zendure integration: 

If you have Balcony PV with Zendure you can add Zendure as a device on the page. 

image.thumb.png.0fde2dfaff801b5a9775ac6089e40cb3.png

You can discover more by yourself. Enjoy!

After evaluation from you, this beta will go live for everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

• Dimitar Buckoff changed the title to Shelly Wall Display firmware 2.0
  • Members

That’s amazing, thank you!

One question; I have tried to make a virtual button to send HTTP requests to HA. But as I understand, HA only support post requests, and Shelly can’t send that from a webhook. Do I misunderstand something or can you help me how to send HTTP commands to HA to trigger automations?

11 minutes ago, Dennis Dalgaard Gottlieb said:

By the way. I just updated and paired my Fenris BT speaker. IT JUST WORKS! Really hope for a Spotify and/or Sonos integration also 🙂

We will order Sonos speaker tomorrow to integrate them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• QA members
37 minutes ago, Olsche said:

What happens if you automatically detect the location again in the WEB UI?

It doesn't change anything, even if I select a different location. Even a reboot doesn't help. The device is connected to the cloud and the Radio is running. 

• QA members
5 hours ago, Dimitar said:

How to set weather: 

"Press "..." on the right-bottom of the tile to see detailed forecast information."

I have no "..." and is says " no weather data availble"

How to set and use music player: 

"There is option to upload your favourite MP3 files directly. To do that you need to open Web UI by IP address. Go to Media and Drag and Drop files. At the moment you need to do that one by one. Upload multiple files at same time will be supported in the future."

Haven't managed to upload a single mp3, even though it says "Download complete" there is no songs in the Media library.
after each upload the text "Media library (Revision 18)"  change number.

• QA members
12 hours ago, Dimitar said:

There is option to upload your favourite MP3 files directly. To do that you need to open Web UI by IP address. Go to Media and Drag and Drop files. At the moment you need to do that one by one. Upload multiple files at same time will be supported in the future

Hi, the MP3 player function ist very cool 😉 

I have an idea: it's it possible for the future to play a sound file with "Http Request, or a Scene"?

Than we can use the WD for notifications messages... 😉 Wehn you life the house: play the File "one Door ist open!" or "the light is on...!", or when someone rings the doorbell, play a gong file... 

All this Messages that we have on the WD, we can but in a separate Media Folder "Notifications Files".

• Like 1

Sonos Move is online 🙂

Weather no "..." in Austria - only Premium User ??

virtuell Component - only Button but i need: number, text and enum

virtuell component/Action to Audio would be nice - Dishwasher is ready ...

Edited by AlexAn

No weather available in Belgium.

No 3 points "..." in the weather button.

You can mark a radiostation with "*" as a favourit, but where can I find use the favourites ? OK found favourites!

Radio working PERFECT!

Edited by Dirkvk

6 hours ago, Dirkvk said:

No weather available in Belgium.

No 3 points "..." in the weather button.

You can mark a radiostation with "*" as a favourit, but where can I find use the favourites ? OK found favourites!

Radio working PERFECT!

Maybe take a bit more time to check the weather. is it still missing data or not ?

9 hours ago, Dimitar said:

Maybe take a bit more time to check the weather. is it still missing data or not ?

==> Stil no weather available in Belgium ...

Music MP3 not stable any more.
Plays for about 10 sec. and then stops, always searching... 
Internet working fine though. 
Yesterday played for 3-4 hours and stable ! 
Done already soft rebout, but doesn't help.

Edited by Dirkvk

8 hours ago, Dirkvk said:

==> Stil no weather available in Belgium ...

Music MP3 not stable any more.
Plays for about 10 sec. and then stops, always searching... 
Internet working fine though. 
Yesterday played for 3-4 hours and stable ! 
Done already soft rebout, but doesn't help.

This is whats going on :

I selected a radio called 'topradio Belgium'.  This particular radio was working fine yesterday and played voor > 3 hours.  Today this radio, for some reason is not working and the player  keeps searching and searching for music.

When I select another radiostation, this radio is working for 10 second, but then I see the display (with the 3 ...where all the radiostations are listed) is reset to "topradio"(just like that) and the player keep searching and searching and the music stops.

I cleared the cashe, selected another player and now the player is already playing for 15 minutes.  Stable.

So the problem has to be : a radio not working and the player keeps going back to that radio.

• Like 1

• QA members
1 hour ago, Dimitar said:

Neue Firmware, die Fehler im Radio behebt, kann von dort heruntergeladen werden:

Thanks, the radio 📻 has been working stably for 30 minutes now without interruptions. 👍🏻🤩

thank you! Beta 2 is aweseome. Loving the radio control.

No weather for us either here down in Australia, we dont get the 3 dots '...' on the weather widget on the display.

Is it in the pipework to make the shelly htg3 compatible with the display?

Some external control of media would be a great addition, even if its just a play or stop. Mainly a stop control would be nice from Home Assistant so that radio's could be silenced when leaving home etc.

Edited by Tenacioustech

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Tenacioustech said:

Is it in the pipework to make the shelly htg3 compatible with the display?

It's already easy to add the H&TG3: go to the home screen and swipe down from the top. Tap on the pencil symbol and select "choose a sensor". Here you can then select your desired sensor20240615_073907.thumb.jpg.ed13de4259fe0185249f5afde46be81d.jpg

• QA members

IMHO Radio support adds significant value to WallDisplay. I do not even need to connect a BT speaker or headphone to use it. Ability to control the playback from the screensaver is a nice touch. A few questions

- Do you plan to extend the support beyond MP3? E.g. AAC(+)?

- Any plans to expose the WD built-in speaker for notifications/alarms/etc. (for example in scenes)? 

- Any plans to allow remove control of "music" component (e.g. via the app)?

To clarify, I have the WD mounted in a desk enclosure stand (and not in-wall).

3 hours ago, Olsche said:

It's already easy to add the H&TG3: go to the home screen and swipe down from the top. Tap on the pencil symbol and select "choose a sensor". Here you can then select your desired sensor20240615_073907.thumb.jpg.ed13de4259fe0185249f5afde46be81d.jpg

My HTG3's do no appear in here at all, yet they are in the room on the shelly app.

3 hours ago, Olsche said:

See image/screen shot between Wall Display devices and Shelly App Devices.

note that the HTG3 also does not display as a device in the normal 'add device' menu displays.

shellywalldisplay.jpg

shellyapp.jpg