Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

How can I open a Pro 3 without destroying it?

I caused a contact on the Shelly Pro 3 to weld due to a short circuit.

Therefore, I would like to open the device as non-destructively as possible and replace the relays with new ones.

Does anyone have experience or pictures of how to open the Shelly Pro 3?

Thanks

• Members
Posted (edited)

On the bottom of the device are four latches which are keeping the base plate in place. Unlock the latches and remove the base plate.

The innards are shown here:

https://smarthome-forum.eu/forum/thread/18122-shelly-pro-3-teardown-stromaufnahme-und-betrieb-mit-kleinspannung/

I’m quite sure you’re able to read the German text… 😉

Edited by thgoebel

Posted (edited)

@thgoebel

Hello thgoebel, Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your tip and perfect, illustrated assembly documentation.

As soon as the newly purchased Plan B reserve device arrives, I will open the defective one.

•         Depending on the situation, I plan to replacing all the 3 relays with small 2 amp SSRs, but this depends on the space available and the design of the SSRs.

Bsp: https://www.findernet.com/de/oesterreich/series/serie-41-niedriges-steck-printrelais-3-5-8-12-16a/type/typ-41-81-niedriger-optokoppler-ssr/

You are right that I can also read German posts in the old Shelly Forum and now new Smarthome Forum. I guess the nickname “Hummelchen” has betrayed me.

I've been active in this (old and now new) smart home forum for more or less 2 years.

We already had this or other topics in this forum. (Polyamide film, Bukowski wire etc.)

For me personally, the quality in this forum has reduced significantly this year, which is not the fault of the users but is not being corrected by the admins and their co's.

For me, the condescending, patronizing culture, deleted posts and records, banned users and non-functioning links are unacceptable, so I am only incognito online in this forum and only for use it as an ideas and information pool.

I'm also avoid public communication in the forum so that I don't get on the ban list be set.😇

👍 For your excellent analysis and provision of internal Shelly device details.

Edited by Hummelchen
Cosmetics
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hummelchen said:

@thgoebel

•         Depending on the situation, I plan to replacing all the 3 relays with small 2 amp SSRs, but this depends on the space available and the design of the SSRs.

Bsp: https://www.findernet.com/de/oesterreich/series/serie-41-niedriges-steck-printrelais-3-5-8-12-16a/type/typ-41-81-niedriger-optokoppler-ssr/

Hi!

I think that should fit. There's plenty of free space inside. The relays from factory are 20A mini relays (sub miniatyre high power version), so bigger than in other Shelly devices. I think those were Hongfa HF25F type...