User button(s)?

N20net

Hello,

Does the H&T Gen 3 have a button that can be used to trigger events?

I want to use Shelly devices to control central heating (3 heating zones plus hot water). It would be great to be able to use the H&T units with integrated displays to turn on/off their associated zone.

This is for an installation where one person wants automation and one person wants things 'old fashioned'! I know I can use a separate Shelly device for the switching but if the H&T can be the only unit needed per floor that would be perfect.

Thanks for reading.

• 5 weeks later...

hope you don't mind if I answer this, as it looks like this whole forum is dead...

answer: no

H&T Gen 3 has only one single button (that is located stupidly under the battery cover, so the first thing you need to do after the purchase is to drill a hole through the cover to reach the button - trust me) and has only 3 functions:

• pressing it will either activate or deactivate setup (based on the previous state, so it's just ON>OFF>ON>OFF>ON...)
  • holding it for 5 seconds (after you activate setup mode) will enable AP network
  • holding it for 10 seconds (after you activate setup mode) will factory reset the device

what you seek can be achieved only within (APP, WEB or IP) interface (unless you buy a device called Shelly Button) where you can set up ACTIONS, SCHEDULES, THERMOSTATS, SCENES (no difference, only minor setting options and bugs here and there just to confuse the user) or SCRIPTS (if you are on that level)

then, after you set it up, you can press "the button" in the APP on your smartphone

Edited by HwpFEr2vbuAhbpbjqQ27eorCWn

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. Indeed the forum does seem to be dead. Such a shame. I just posted another question, as I had forgotten that the forum is dead!

I bought the H&T Gen 3 and discovered that indeed there is no button. So I then bought some Blluetooth Buttons and did what I need to do with them. It works ok. But it would be so nice if the H&T had even just one button. Ah well. Maybe Gen 4 will!

Thank you again.

• Integrators

The forum was quite inactive for a while how ever there is an initiative to revive it. We should in the next few weeks see more activity on the forum 🙂

• Like 1