🌟 NOTIFICATION/Benachrichtigung: Welcome to our New Store! - shelly.com 🌟 ×

Which shelly device to control Rainbird magnetic valve

martingwb

Hi,

I would like to know what Shelly device I can use to control magnetic valves (Rainbird DV,  24 VAC 50/60 Hz, 0,450 A to switch on, 0,25 A to hold permanently) of an irrigation system.

I need to control 3 of them so would be great if there is one device that could control all 3 of them (preferred).

Thank you,

kr,
Martin

Hello, can somebody help me please. I have 23 Shelly 3EM pro and Im using them for current monitoring. Everything works fine but i need to receive some notifications to my email when the values change. I can set all the values ans everything else but I dont know how to find or make an URL so the notifications go directly to my email. Please, im a bit dumb so please be nico to me 🙂 thank you in advance

12 hours ago, thgoebel said:

Shelly pro 3. Three potential free relay contacts, separately controllable.

@thgoebel Thank you for that.

Is it correct to say that alternatively 3 Shelly 1 Mini Gen3 or 3 Shelly Plus 1 or 2 Shelly Plus 2 PM (to control a total of 4 valves) could be used?

• Members

Due to SELV requirements, only 3 Shelly plus 1 could do the job in a secure manner.

Shelly mini 1 is not SELV compatible, and Shelly plus 2PM contacts are not „dry“ (potential-free).

Edited by thgoebel

• 2 weeks later...

can you try to supply the 2PM with 24V ?
Also, have the three valves be used at same time or cyclically (so only one at maximum active at the same time) ?.

Because otherwise would be another winning [for performance and price] solution.

Edited by wooly

On 9/27/2024 at 11:50 AM, wooly said:

can you try to supply the 2PM with 24V ?
Also, have the three valves be used at same time or cyclically (so only one at maximum active at the same time) ?.

Because otherwise would be another winning [for performance and price] solution.

24V AC or 24V DC ? 

I have used the 2PM with 24V DC 

the question is also: can the valves be driven with 24 V DC ? because some works perfectly, others if you activate with DC remain open, and need a reversed polarity pulse to close..

Actually I have the same problem with my ones that i would like to substitute with a better "smarter" controller: someone here as the project for an external circuit that when closing a switch send a 400ms pulse positive and when the switch is opened send one negative ? without using an externalr relay but all solid state [in this case would be easier to use an UNI that has also temperature humidity wind and light input)