🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Correctly powering multiple Shelly Pro 3EM

I have purchased three Pro 3EM to monitor the energy production on a 3 Phase Solar PV generator: one to measure the output from the inverter; one to measure power to/from the electric company; and one to measure power to the house. Because of the layout of the electric panel it would be more convenient to power all three modules from the same source - probably the power going to the house. Will this work or is the power supply to each module used to phase lock the power measurement?

Die Spannung kannst du von einer 3poligen Sicherung verwenden.

Die Stromwandler müssen natürlich in den jeweiligen Abzweig.

Die Leistung am Hausanschluss wird korrekt sein aber die Energie kann leider nicht richtig berrechnet werden sobald eine Phase eine abweichende Energierichtung hat.

AlexAn, Terae,

Thanks for the quick responses. 

Terae: regarding the voltage reference that was what I assumed. My doubt was about whether the module also used the phase information.

But thinking about it a little more, the phase of both inputs and the output has to match also  - that is part of the job of the inverter.

AlexAn mentions feeding the modules from a 3 phase fuse. In an answer to this post  thgoebel said

The fuses are ONLY for the three phases supplying the Shelly! Suggested value is 250mA to 500mA

If all 3 modules are powered from the same point is it ok to power all 3 from a single 3 phase fuse and if so what would be an appropriate rating. Or should each module be fused separately. 

I know these are newbie questions. I’m just looking for enough understanding to be able to explain what is needed to the electrician. Thanks for your patience.