Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Can control sliding door motor?

Hello, I have 12V sliding gate motor with two connection on is board: 1. full (to input full open and close command), 2. Ped ( to input pedestrian open and close).

I was thinking to use Shelly plus 2pm to control both inputs but all is 12v dc. Is it possible? Thanks

• Members

Thanks for the link! The easiest way to solve this issue would IMHO be to use two Shelly plus 1:

IMG_1049.thumb.jpeg.b21e71384190645b978ca151ac4b2b29.jpeg

The left Shelly controls the full opening of the gate, the right the pedestrian opening. Please be aware that a sufficient WLAN coverage at the location where the Shellies are intended to be mounted.

• Members

A second solution (with only one Shelly device) is depending from the assumption that the activating current at the pins FULL and PED(estrian) is lower than 350mA. This is very likely cause the control of the motor happens not directly, but via a specific electronic circuit.

Plan B is working with a Shelly UNI plus:

IMG_1051.thumb.jpeg.df6690dd5d365d47241abf1c0210fb55.jpeg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, thgoebel said:

… depending from the assumption that the activating current at the pins FULL and PED(estrian) is lower than 350mA. This is very likely cause the control of the motor happens not directly, but via a specific electronic circuit.

I read the specs of Shelly UNI and the 

Max switching current

is 250mA. Anyway can I misure it with tester? How?

Edited by Paolo Trenti

• Members
8 hours ago, Paolo Trenti said:

So the shally plus 2pm is unuseful cause not work with 12vDC right?

A Shelly plus 2PM „off the shelf“ will not work with 12V DC. But after a modification (a wire and a diode will be added) the device will operate with 12V DC. If you are interested, I could send you a modified Shelly plus 2PM…

• Members
7 hours ago, Paolo Trenti said:

Anyway can I misure it with tester? How?

Switch your multimeter to current range (mA). Touch with the positive test tip pin 14 (FULL) and with the negative tip pin 19 (GND). The motor must now work. Read the current value. Do the same for pin 15 (PED) and 19 (GND).

Both values must be smaller than 250mA.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Paolo Trenti said:

So I must use 2 Shelly plus 1 right?

not necessarily. It is also possible to connect 2 small relays to the outputs of the UNI, which then switch the load