Shelly Blu Motion outdoor?

JotaMag

Hi!

A simple question....may I use Shelly Blu Motion on outdoor exposed to rain and sun? did not find any information about that but maximum temperature range of 40ºC seems a bit short for Portugal or Spain. 

• Integrators

What's your end goal with the Blu motion? 

As yes the temp range for the Blu motion is between -20 and 40 degrees Celsius. The device is not rated for outside exposure to the full-blown world elements.
If you want to monitor the temp then the Blu H&T would be your best bet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz said:

What's your end goal with the Blu motion? 

As yes the temp range for the Blu motion is between -20 and 40 degrees Celsius. The device is not rated for outside exposure to the full-blown world elements.
If you want to monitor the temp then the Blu H&T would be your best bet. 

Thank you, I will have a look on that Blu H&T and on his Beacon mode because my goal is to have a motion or presence detector outside my house main door, in order to turn on a light controlled by a Shelly 1 Mini Gen3.

• Integrators

The Blu H&T is only for Temp and Humidity. 

If you want to have it as a motion detector then the blu motion is the best bet. If you want to use it outside there is a risk as its not suitable for outside use. 
it would need to be well protected if it is outside. 

Posted (edited)

I thought that, as said on his website, Beacon mode could be used for presence detection...anyway, Shelly products lack a motion sensor that can be used outdoors

image.thumb.png.b5182f723eb124f1e29a816a44cafc9e.png

Edited by JotaMag

• Administrators

This presence detection does not refer to movement, as with a motion detector. This is about the detection via an optional script whether the Shelly Blu H&T is in the living room or the kitchen, for example.