Electrician to preset ip addresses.

Michael58

I am building a new home and want my electrician to install my shelly gen3 devices (Shelly 1 plus pm, 2 plus pm and Plus D2 dimmers). There as there will be no Wi-Fi in the house at this time I need a way for the electrician to set a unique IP address to each shelly device before connecting to Wi-Fi. Is this possible?

• Administrators

yes, you can access the own AP for each individual device via 192.168.33.1 and preset the settings for the WiFi network and static IPthere.

To do this, the WLAN access data must already be known

Screenshot2024-03-17at10-43-43ShellyMini1PMG3.thumb.png.a96184a5d95b82a50cb1b56f96ef5e3d.png

Thanks Olsche,

However, in this situation there will be no WLAN available until the house is handed over for occupation. 
Is it possible to change the default management address from 192.168.33.1 to say 192.168.33.2, 3, 4, etc so that each individual switch has a unique intial management address?
or 
Are you saying that I can pre-empt the creation of a WLAN by configuring the intended SSID, Network address, and password.

• Administrators

How I would handle it:

Each device comes with its AP with its own SSID. I would give this AP a password.
Access to the device then via the individual SSID.
As a preparatory measure and if the WLAN access data is already known - these can already be preconfigured.
As soon as the WLAN is available, the devices connect to it...

• 2 weeks later...

@Olsche
Sorry to take so long to respond. 
Are the individually Shelly switch SSID's marked on the switch or the box. If so, this sounds like a great solution. The electrician would only need to record these for each switch location.