Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Dimmer 2 won't turn off

MarioM

Hi Shelly community!

I've posted this on Facebook Support page but no avail.

Currently, I have 6 Shelly Dimmer 2 installed in my space. They all work fine except one of them. Problem is- I can't turn of the light. When I try to, it just instantly switches back on. It doesn't matter if I try to switch them off through the app, web interface or by a switch (wich is connected between L and SW1 as you can see on the photos and set up as a Edge Switch). I thought that it might have to do something with either lightning fixture that I have or with the switch. But I disconnected the switch and tried the Shelly on different fixture where I have other one that is working properly - same thing happens. I can see in the app that something is turning the light back on immediately after I turn it off, but the app doesn't show what triggered the output state...

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hi Mario,
Did you get an update?
I just installed my first dimmer 2 and thinking about sending it back.
Mine either won't switch or it wont switch off, depending on some settings which I can no longer change because then I get a very unusefull message that something went wrong (and no way found to get more info).
The wifi products seem far from easy to use in my experience so far. horrible

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 4:08 PM, Pim said:

Hi Mario,
Did you get an update?
I just installed my first dimmer 2 and thinking about sending it back.
Mine either won't switch or it wont switch off, depending on some settings which I can no longer change because then I get a very unusefull message that something went wrong (and no way found to get more info).
The wifi products seem far from easy to use in my experience so far. horrible

You need to give us a little bit more information regrading your wiring. Did you have Neutral or not, what kind are bulb you try to control ?