Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

How to wire for a pool cover switch

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to wire the Shelly Plus 2PM relay switch with my pool cover switch. Pictures of my existing switch are attached and any help with this would be appreciated. The existing switch is a single-pole double throw momentary contact switch.

Pictures of my existing switch are in a google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LLb8EoyWnm_8mxLXUOHmL_OkO1b9RkwB?usp=sharing

• Shelly

There only seem to be the 3 cables required for the switch (COM/UP/DOWN). Without knowing which voltages and which loads can be switched, it becomes difficult to make the right choice.

@Greg please provide us with all the necessary information (which drive, maybe even a circuit diagram of the drive for the cover)

• 1 month later...

Hey, 

Rather curious about this one as well because I tried to wire up mine today and it was disastrous. I'll explain the circuit, guarantee it's the same as OP.

Pool Motor has 4 wires, Common, Forward, Reverse and Ground. The switch has four contacts/terminals for each one of these wires. The Line/Hot comes from a Circuit Breaker of 20 amps single pole (120V). That Line/Hot connects to the Common terminal on the switch. 

For the Shelly I did, neutral (ran a new wire direct from the neutral bus bar in the panel to the Shelly), Line coming from the Circuit Breaker tied into a Wago 3 port with 2 12 Awg wires goes to the L terminals on the Shelly. The Forward wire went to the O1 position and the Reverse wire went to the O2 on the Shelly. Finally the switch forward was added to S1 and reverse to S2. Ground was just left on the grounding screw on the switch. 

Does that sound right? 

On 7/8/2024 at 11:42 AM, Greg said:

Hello. I am trying to figure out how to wire the Shelly Plus 2PM relay switch with my pool cover switch. Pictures of my existing switch are attached and any help with this would be appreciated. The existing switch is a single-pole double throw momentary contact switch.

Pictures of my existing switch are in a google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LLb8EoyWnm_8mxLXUOHmL_OkO1b9RkwB?usp=sharing

Hey @Greg did you get through with this plan?