🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly pro 2PM cannot be added to cloud

• Members

A Shelly pro 2PM I repaired today (screw of blue terminal was jammed) shows a strange behaviour: The device cannot be added to the cloud because the check mark ‚enable cloud‘ (WebUI) isn’t permanently saved. At first sight, the check mark seems to be set. But after refreshing the Website, check mark shows the status ‚disabled‘ again. Diagnostics:

IMG_1164.thumb.png.d0ad73656c71cadeba61f63558ecdd60.png

Firmware is 1.3.3. Any hints?

just a few questions 

did you restart the Pro device when you updated the device. 

and then are you using the main connection on wifi or lan ? as your wifi signal is below the required usage

• Members
Posted (edited)

Restart was executed before diagnostics were downloaded.

WLAN connection was used. LAN connection not tested with this device yet.

WLAN in my laboratory is intended a bad one. Weak WLAN reception of Shelly devices shall be recognised better with this environment. „Unusable“ doesn’t exist with a RSSI of more than -85dB…

Other devices with weak RSSI can be added flawlessly to the cloud!

(My hope was a developer would drop some words about this issue… Unfortunately, I didn’t find an appropriate thread in the QA section. Und das ist auch der Grund, weshalb ich Englisch gewählt habe.)

Edited by thgoebel

• Members
15 minutes ago, Heinz said:

last thing i could think about it on that network your device is connected to is there a firewall blocking anything ?

Other Shelly devices (quite a lot during the repair and test process) are flawlessly to be added to the cloud. I add EVERY repaired Shelly to my cloud to check for some forgotten membership to another clients cloud.

17 minutes ago, Heinz said:

maybe some bug on the firmware on the device or firmware issue in general. 

This is my assumption too…

On 7/3/2024 at 2:58 PM, thgoebel said:

Thanks, Heinz, for your support!

Attached both files. Did try to enable cloud and saved diagnostics log.

diagnostics-shelly-pro2pm-data.txt 6.35 kB · 6 downloads diagnostics-shelly-pro2pm-debug-log.txt 3.25 kB · 4 downloads

This device is not coming with correct provisioning data. Problem in the manufacturing process.
It's a rare occasion, it is already addressed internal.
The device requires replacement.

• Thanks 1

• Members
Posted (edited)

Will check it for unrestricted functionality of rpc calls. Otherwise, the device shall serve as dispenser for spare parts. Unfortunately, spare parts - particularly for ‚pro’ devices - aren’t available yet. :classic_sad:

Edited by thgoebel

• 1 month later...
On 4.7.2024 at 14:23, Todor Tsvetkov said:

This device is not coming with correct provisioning data. Problem in the manufacturing process.
It's a rare occasion, it is already addressed internal.
The device requires replacement.

I only did a factory reset and was then able to reactivate the cloud connection.