Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

firmware update - where? how?

I have just bought the device: Shelly Plus Plug S v2. The default firmware is: 0.13.0

I have found website: http://archive.shelly-tools.de where it appears that v1.14.0 is available.

However, it is not clear what is the device code (type) - (probably SHPLG-S). I did not find this info anywhere in the GUI. Since flashing wrong firmware will likely brick the device, it would be nice if the device codes/types were somewhere documented. I need to manually flash the firmware - network, the plug is connected to does not have internet access.

Is the firmware that is available at http://archive.shelly-tools.de official one?

Is the device code for the 'Shelly Plus Plug S v2' SHPLG-S ?

• QA members

Firmware’s in provided link are for gen1 devices. 
for gen2 & gen3 devices you can update firmware using Shelly Smart Control app or directly using device webUI.

To access device WebUI simply type device IP address to web browser 

2 hours ago, -Teme- said:

Firmware’s in provided link are for gen1 devices. 
for gen2 & gen3 devices you can update firmware using Shelly Smart Control app or directly using device webUI.

To access device WebUI simply type device IP address to web browser 

I'm having trouble updating firmware of 4-5 of my plus plug v2 (1.3.0). They all connected to wifi and all acceesible via web ui. But it just won't work after click the update button and they will all went "update in progress..." then the progress bar disappear and nothing updated. There's the function in web ui that says "drag and drop to upload" firmware. but where can I download the firmware file?

• QA members
8 hours ago, timwan said:

I'm having trouble updating firmware of 4-5 of my plus plug v2 (1.3.0). They all connected to wifi and all acceesible via web ui. But it just won't work after click the update button and they will all went "update in progress..." then the progress bar disappear and nothing updated. There's the function in web ui that says "drag and drop to upload" firmware. but where can I download the firmware file?

Turn off Bluetooth and reboot device before update, that helps usually.

Firmware files are not available for download 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having troubles with setting the WiFi network. Therefore I thought I could update the firmware in AP mode only. But where can I download the firmware for my device, when the WebGui of the device cannot connect? A typical deadlock..

If the device is Gen 1 it will only allow either AP mode or Wifi mode. It does not allow both to be active at the same time unlike Gen 2, Gen 3, and Pros have the option to have Wifi and AP mode active at the same time. 

On 27.6.2024 at 19:11, 9zUq9tLrihm said:

I have just bought the device: Shelly Plus Plug S v2

@Heinz A Shelly Plus Plug S v2 is a Gen2 device, right? 

10 minutes ago, Heinz said:

If the device is Gen 1 it will only allow either AP mode or Wifi mode. It does not allow both to be active at the same time unlike Gen 2, Gen 3, and Pros have the option to have Wifi and AP mode active at the same time.