Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

How to Stop Roller Shutters Mid-Movement with Shelly Plus 2PM?

Dear Forum,

Yesterday, an electrician installed a Shelly Plus 2PM on the Zeptrion switch of my roller shutters. I can control everything perfectly through the Shelly app, but the buttons on the cover work a bit differently than they did originally. When I press "down," the shutters go all the way down. When I press "up" during the descent, they go straight back up. This means I can't stop the shutters at an intermediate position using the switches; I can only fully open or close them. Does anyone have any idea how I can stop the shutters during movement with a second button press?

My settings in the app:

Profile: Cover, Input Type: Button, Button Mode: Dual

Thanks a lot!

• Administrators

Try to stop by briefly pressing the DOWN button again. The same for the UP movement. If you press UP once it moves to the end position, if you press UP a second time it should stop.

Assuming: your controls are actually switches and not tactile switches

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried your suggestion and it didn’t work, so I believe they are tactile switches. Is there anything else I can try?

Edited by phinder

• Administrators

was this switch replaced by the plus 2PM? Or was the plus 2PM connected to its contacts? If connected there, it's no wonder it's not working as intended...

20 minutes ago, Olsche said:

was this switch replaced by the plus 2PM? Or was the plus 2PM connected to its contacts? If connected there, it's no wonder it's not working as intended...

The later is the case, as I also want to control the shutter with the cover switch. 

15 hours ago, Olsche said:

Are only 1 or 2 roller shutters connected there? In principle, it is advisable to replace the existing switch with a simple blind button

There is only 1 roller shutter connected. But yes, I believe the exisiting switch (which includes some active components) might be the problem.