Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Feature Request: Delayed auto ON

Hello,

the Shelly Pro 4PM has the option to auto switch ON (close the relay) in case of power Off.

Is it possible to have a delayed ON for those switches? The idea is that when the grid gets Off and On when a rapair is done my powe supplier it may cause damage to the equiopnent. If we delay that ON with 5 minutes for example we could minimize the risk for devices behind the shelly, no?

• Like 1

• Administrators

Please leave a feature request using the device and feature request form below:

https://allterco.freshdesk.com/en/support/tickets/new?ticket_form=devices_and_features_proposals_***_(use_this_form_for_proposing_your_ideas_only)

The more of these inquiries received, the higher the likelihood that the customer's wishes will be implemented - if it is technically possible.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The feature request is great, I also find this useful.

You could use a script as a workaround:
Scripts can be started automatically when booting. The script could wait a certain time and then call a webhook on the Shelly itself to switch the relay.

Unfortunately, I am not yet familiar enough with scripting to write an example. Maybe someone with more scripting experience can help.

I have discovered something more in the Web Interface Guide:

https://kb.shelly.cloud/knowledge-base/shelly-pro-4pm-web-interface-guide

It might even be possible with on-board resources:

In the "Input/output" settings set the "Action on power on" to "Turn OFF - When powered, the device will be off."

In "Timers" choose "Auto on: After turning off, the relay output will be automatically turned on after a predefined period of time (in seconds)."

Whether this works depends on how the Shelly evaluates the state set automatically at startup, i.e. whether it takes it in the same way as the state when you switch the relay yourself.