Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Help Please Controlling A 3 Way Jandy Actuator

qmatthew

Hello All,

I am trying to automate a 24v volt actuator on my pool plumbing. 

The valve will change based on the temp of my roof and a nominated temp in the app.

Example would be "If roof temp is greater than 30 degrees, open (heating water onto the roof before going to the heat pump) else close (roof is cold, use heat pump only)."

To get the temp I was going to use a shelly add on using a ds18b20.

To open and close the valve....this is where I have problems.  The valve has red = normally closed
white = normally open, and common (so 3 wires)

My questions are:

1. Since I am needing to trigger an open event, and a close event; do I need to use a 2 relay shelly and is this the Shelly 2PM ?

2. If so, what does my wiring look like given I am putting mains (240v) into the shelly, yet need to share the earth (common) and be able to trigger the NC and NO uniquely?

Apologies if these are silly questions but I'm a newbie trying to navigate this.  Attached a diagram to 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Matthew.

shelly pool.jpg

• 1 month later...

It looks like you'll either need a Shelly with 2 relays or an additional DPDT relay which you can toggle via a single input.

As the pumps work with 24VAC, you'll need a Shelly with a dry relays. This means that none of the PM models are an option, you need to have seperate I(n) and O(ut) terminals. Otherwire the Shelly will outputs mains voltage (the power coming in from L) which will fry your valves.

I assume the power draw of the valves will exceed 0.3W so the UNI is not an option.
A Shelly Pro 2 could be an option. It would be powered by 120VAC but the 2 Inputs would be connected to the Common wire and the Outputs would be connected to White/Red or Red/White.

It would also be best to use some scripting to make sure that only 1 of the relays is closed at a time so you don't end up in a situation where you're both trying to open and close the valves at the same time.