Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Shelly TRV bug setting max to minimum temperature

Tony

since I updated my TRVs to 20240306-093529/v2.2.3@8f5e4729, the TRVs that are set to max (HI), switch to minimum at 10am each morning (without any explainable reason). These TRVs are in the same room as the boiler thermostat, and therefore when set to minimum, cause the boiler to keep heating continuously.

Setting the thermostats to 30C solves the issue as a work around.

Further the documentation for MQTT for shelly devices say they should publish by default every 30s, however my TRVs by default seem to publish every 30 minutes on this firmware

Edited by Tony

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have this very same problem, however before reading this I’d never seen the correlation that it was the TRVs that were set to 30 degrees +. 

im also running v2.2.3 except my TRVs seem to be set to 4 degrees at 10pm at night (PM). I am located in Australia

i discovered this bug very early on when v2.2.3 was released and asked it on the Shelly Facebook page but no others replied with the same issue. 

I have no schedules set on any of my TRVs, Home Assistant controls there set temperature, but there is never any logs when the TRVs drop to 4 degree set point. Usually when this occurs is when the TRV has dropped off the network (still have no idea why they drop off the network). Each TRV reports an rssi of no worse than -60dBm. 

I love Shelly gear, I have a house full of it, with over 200 other Shelly devices, but these 15 x TRVs have been very difficult to manage since they went in. Ive had to write scripts for Unifi to reconnect them, wait 5 minutes, then send a reboot rest command to a lot of them sometimes several times a day. 

Edited by Tenacioustech