1.4.0 beta version for Gen2+ Shelly devices released / 1.4.0 Betaversion für Gen2+ Shelly-Geräte veröffentlicht ×

Firmware upgrade not starting

iVo

Just got an HT gen3 running "20231213-091928/1.1.0-beta3-g9d8eacd" out of the box.
It shows "Available stable version: 20240223-141943/1.2.2-g7c39781", when I click Upgrade it only shows "The device will update when it wakes up. You can "force" this by waking it up from the control button." but the upgrade never happens, although data from the device is received on the cloud and the settings are updated normally.

At the same time, the 1PM g3 minis upgraded their firmware normally.

• Members

Hi,

i have same issue with a Plus HT, Plus HT gen3 and Plus Smoke. All on 1.1.0.

They are all battery powered so not available all the time, but they should update next time they connect to the cloud.

But you can wake up the device with the button an the start update, this should work.

@Aleksandar Krastev is there a issue updating battery powered device vom 1.1.0 to 1.2.2 ?

• Administrators

In fact, all battery-operated devices (plus smoke, plus h&t, h&t gen3) are not updated at the next wakeup if the update is triggered via the app. seems to be a bug

4 hours ago, Christian Mittring said:

But you can wake up the device with the button an the start update, this should work.

That's what the message says as well, but no luck, I tried it.
I've tried even stupid things, like cooling the unit, so it wakes up more often while heating back up to room temp 🙂

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, iVo said:

That's what the message says as well, but no luck, I tried it.

It is possible that you have to try to wake it up 2-3 times and restart the update via the app before it is successful