🌟 NOTIFICATION/Benachrichtigung: Welcome to our New Store! - shelly.com 🌟 ×

Display state of Shelly UNI's digital inputs, rather than displaying them as switches.

Hello,

Is it possible to setup Shelly UNI's digital inputs so they display Open/Closed state, rather than having them to be displayed in Shelly App as remotely-controllable switches ?

I would like to use the Shelly UNI's two digital inputs with reed sensors to indicate open/closed state of two doors in my house, and in addition use the two digital outputs of the UNI to lit-up led diodes somewhere in the house to indicate doors state. I use two different Shelly Plus 1 devices to unlock the doors, the problem is that from remote locations I cannot see whether the doors are opened or closed, that is what I want to use the UNI for.

The problem with the current Shelly UNI implementation and with the Shelly App is that the UNI input/outputs shows in Shelly App (and in apps such as Google Home) as buttons/switches - rather than state indicators. I don't want me or anybody pressing those UNI buttons accidentally - as that would result in showing the UNI "switches" in different state than the actual open/closed state of the doors.

Is such functionality already implemented - and if yes then how I can setup Shelly UNI in the above described way ? ( ... I tried but was not able to). Or is there a better way for what I want to achieve?

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I want this feature, too, desperately, and want to see the state of the two Uni+ inputs on my Wall Display.

However, in my opinion the display of the input status is buggy and implementation is utterly incomplete. Let me please explain.

First the web UI:

Out1on(markup).thumb.jpeg.269fe263b107dc6dc0f288c677bc447f.jpeg

Input 1 is configured as "attached" toggle switch.The input state is constantly reflected: while the input is connected to GND, the input is indicated as "ON". Good!

Input 2 is configured as "detached". The Input state is only shown for a short moment: if the input is connected to GND, the input is indicated as a blue line and after some seconds the blue line disappears and the text "no action" reappears. I cannot reliably see the current state of the input.  I consider this to be a usability bug.

The cloud UI:

In the cloud settings, I enabled "Add input state identifier to the power button." to see the actual input state. A blue or red line indicates input state. (NB: I think this was a bad design decision as there is enough space to provide a more visible "input state identifier".)

image.png.11c4cac929a5a3de9f586b9f9f5a2e3b.png

Input 1 ("attached") state is constantly reflected by the small blue or red line inside the button. Even if I change the output using the cloud UI, the state identifier correctly reflects the input state. Good!

Input 2 ("detached") state is always shown as a red line. Does not change whether input 2 is connected to GND or open.  I consider this a bug.

Of course, this is the same configuration as before.

The Wall Display:

First, only the first set of input/output is usable on the Wall Display. I could not add the second set of input/output. More egregious, there's no input state identifier at all. You can only see the output state that is toggled by the input. If you manually toggle the output using the wall display, the displayed state and the actual input state are inconsistent. There's a lot left to implement.

Conclusion:

The hardware of the Uni Plus is more than ready for this "door control" application. However, the software isn't.

I hope Shelly management puts enough manpower into the Wall Display firmware so Uni+ is fully supported soon and we can visualize inputs and add output controls more freely.