🌟 NOTIFICATION/Benachrichtigung: Welcome to our New Store! - shelly.com 🌟 ×

Temp/humidity sensors to ADD-On?

sailorcap

Im looking to monitor temperature and humidity with an shelly Add-on device.

The problem is I can't find any sensors with cables. It says either DS18B20 (only temperature)( or DHT22 (but only find it as a chip). If there is a way to monitor 2 or 3 sensors with both temp and humidity it would be great. I guess, if it aint possible I maybe could install a switch to flip between the different sensors?

I need a sensor with long cable. Up to 5m/15ft. So, what sensors would I be looking for?

Edited by sailorcap

• Members

There are many combined temperature and humidity sensors DHT22 with cables available. One example:

https://www.berrybase.de/am2302/dht22-digitaler-temperatur-und-luftfeuchtesensor-mit-kabelanschluss

And, yes - the cables may be extended. Some use telecommunication cable, others CAT5 network cable.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @thgoebel, thanks for the link.

I like to emphasize the second half of Sailorcap‘s question: How to measure two or three Temp and Humidity positions with one Add-On? 

I know you can have up to 3 Temp measurements but i would need 1 temp and two humidity measurements in my case. I don’t want to use H&T devices as they are battery-powered, and I have a Shelly1 incl. Add-On, already in place. The Add-On still in his original bag. 😉

Any cool idea would be highly appreciated!
Cheers Kevvv

Edited by Kevvv

ich gehe mal davon aus das es sich im ein Plus AddOn handelt?

Hier gehen 5x DS18B20 ODER 1x DHTxx

Wenn Du also 1x Temp und 2x Hum benötigst dann bleibt dir bei Shelly nur: 3 Shellys (Kabelgebunden also Plus AddOn oder Shelly UNI)

(der DHTx hat natürlich Temp und Hum) 

es gibt auch noch die Shelly DB2024, was da möglich ist ? mal lesen

Hast Du noch andere Systeme bei Dir Zuhause? Alles was du möchtest geht an einen ESP32 

Edited by Dreckfresse

Servus Dreckfresse (schon seltsam, jemanden so anzuschreiben… 😳😱

Aktuell hab ich nur Shelly incl, Shelly-Cloud. Ich bin aber immer mehr am überlegen, auf Home Assist umzusteigen um flexibler mit anderen Geräten umzugehen, die heute nicht in meiner SmartHome Welt zu Hause sind (Wechselrichter, Wärmepumpe, Scheidholzkessel…).

Drei Shelly‘s plus AddOn … no way!

Vielleicht könnte das der berühmte Tropfen sein… 

Ich bin aber nicht der größte Crack, was das Programmieren angeht… daher scheue ich mich ein wenig…