🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

RGBW control on Shelly Wall Display, more precise control and color options.

Martin_

Hello.

I have asked this in the Shelly wall display thread and got an answer that some control option where rejected, but after using the display now for some months i think that the current implementation is not the best solution.

I don't use the Wall display at all for RGBW control, I'm forced to use the app, and that is a bit sad, as the display is great and with small tweaks could be better.

Colors:

The thing with color selection is that every led stripe is different, meaning the output from the colors R G B W is different, so if i press the orange color on the color wheel for example, this is the color i get i reality in the stairs (almost white).

(Red selected in the image, but orange is selected below)

RGBW2.png.e7c979feaf9ae8a73811584fd70bcc1a.png

The actual color i want is down in the stairs, that is "orange" as in the color wheel, the colors get shifted in the photo.

White channel is turned off.

LED.thumb.jpg.6a14a7391352ee76ff39e5bd2343398a.jpg

So the result is that i always have to use the app, so the wall display becomes unusable for controlling the color and light with the RGBW.

Also, pressing for example RED, doesn't turn off the white channel, so the result is not  RED, unless i also turn off the white.

Sliders:

Pressing the sliders results in the RGBW turns on / off instead of shifting to the pressed level on the slider.

Updates to the RGBW control:

Please  implement option(s) to control RGBW differently, for me i could use different ways.

The default can still be what is today, but with options to change to something else for better control.

Here are 4 things that would be great options so we don't have to use the app:

1. Option to show favourite colors that are saved in the app and save colors directly in the display.

2. Option to show separate sliders for each color + saving the current color to favourites.

3. Option to show a color wheel, the way we could at least "tune" the colors, even though they won't be 100% to the wheel, but they are not correct now anyway 🙂

4. Option to select colors (with RGBW numbers) for all (or some) of the "dots" in the current implementation, eg long press on a color dot brings up an input with RGBW number, so a favourite can be saved. 

Option 1+3.

RGBWColorwheel.thumb.jpg.783db0fd33f23bbe9c11e430892dc719.jpg

Option 2 (but implement favourites as well, as in image above).

RGBWslider.thumb.jpg.84e3035f89fff7f6e3be384b1e52b9ae.jpg

Edited by Martin_
Option 4