🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Blu Motion Poor Performance???

JBlack

So far my experience with these devices has been less than ideal. I purchased two of these, one works ok (not great) the other has a range of six feet at the most. The second one mentioned has a signal strength of less than -80 db when the device is located next to the gateway. It reports motion when there is not any and does not report motion when there is. I've also tried to use a javascript so that I can publish the data to my MQTT broker. That kind of works half the time as well. I've contacted Shelly support but so far they have been useless. Can someone share their experience with these motion sensors along with your setup and how you are using them. Maybe there is a way to make them work reliably.

Cheers!

The Blue device's indoor range is about 10m, what I do is have more than one Shelly device to act as a Bluetooth gateway. 

Important is that the shelly device that is a Bluetooth gateway has good connectivity 

To increase the sensitivity of the Motion device have a look at the Shelly Blu Debug app to update the device and change the sensitivity of the device 

• 2 weeks later...