Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Connection for Electric Hot Water system

Hi, 

I am looking to achieve:

• power monitoring of my electric hot water system
  • control to enable power to the hot water system only when the solar is producing or on demand
  • hot water element is 240V @ 2400W

I already have Shelly 1 PM, but have seen that there may be device overheat issues with high amps.

What is the recommended approach here? Thinking that another option is to get Shelly EM Pro or EM in conjunction with contactor .

Anyone with advice on the above options?

Thanks,

CB

• Shelly

The Pro-EM in conjunction with a contactor for switching high loads is probably the better option.

You may also be able to use a Pro 1PM. This works much colder under such high continuous loads.

7 minutes ago, Olsche said:

The Pro-EM in conjunction with a contactor for switching high loads is probably the better option.

You may also be able to use a Pro 1PM. This works much colder under such high continuous loads.

Thanks for the response. is Pro 4PM also suitable? There is not much price difference here, and I could use the additional channels on different channels.