Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Shelly 3EM & Huawei smart meter dtsu666-h at the same time on the same wires

Hi,

I want to use a Shelly 3EM to meter the power injected into the grid by photovoltaic. I already have a Huawei smart meter dtsu666-h installed, which is connected to the same wires, but unfortunately I can't get data from this device and therefore I want to use the Shelly additionally to the Huawei meter. Do I have to expect interferences (magnetic, or something else) between the meters or the clips on the same wires?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Hi, there should be no Problems, when you add the clips to the wire... i have 2 x 3 clips (1 x MyPV, 1  x Deye-WR) and 1 x DTSU666 in serial (for testing purposes), works... Nice Weekend, Manfred

Correct there should be no issue. I know that Huawei emma has intergration with Shelly and might have the same with your system im not sure. But it would not disrupt the electric flow if thats what you worried about 

Since current transformers CTs measure magnetic fields (analog) and communicate the resulting measurement as an analog voltage, there will always be some crosstalk. So current transformers can pick up signals from adjacent CTs or adjacent conductors.

However, this is so minimal that it does not need to be taken into account for normal use or is hardly noticeable as @Heinz and @EmmPee already said.

• Like 1