🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Delay between switch and output

Hello, first I would like to thank you for this fantastic device. I have been able to install it, add it to Home Assistant, upgrade the firmware, and operate my window blinds without issues. It was a really smooth experience and I wanted to give the recognition it deserves.

My only feedback is that after installing the device, I'm experiencing a short delay (maybe 0.5 seconds?) between pressing the physical switch and the operation of the motor. 

I've seen this support article (https://support.shelly.cloud/en/support/solutions/articles/103000217433-wave-devices-delay-between-switch-and-output), which explains why this delay was added, that most users didn't like the approach, and how it was removed in new firmware released for the devices.

In the firmware page for the Wave devices (https://support.shelly.cloud/en/support/solutions/articles/103000258471-shelly-qubino-wave-firmware-updates#Shelly-Qubino-Wave Shutter), I can see in the changelog that the delay was removed for Wave 1, 1PM, and 2PM, but not for Wave Shutter.

Despite not seeing it in the changelog, I tried and upgraded my Wave Shutter device, but the delay is still there.

I'd like to ask if it's possible to release a new firmware for the Wave Shutter that removes this delay. In my opinion, having that instant feedback loop when touching a physical switch will make the user experience much better.

Thank you!

• Shelly

The Shutter firmware was based on the Qubino Shutter firmware, which did not have a 0.5-second delay. The firmware was ported from series 500 to series 800 with minimal alterations. Therefore, the change log does not mention the removal of the delay.

I have noted your suggestion for future releases. The firmware team will review the code, and if they identify any factors causing a delay, we will address and remove them.

• Shelly

We have in plan to release an improved Shutter version (hopefully this year). We will definitely look into the delay at that time and like mentioned remove any part of firmware if we found that can cause the delay.

Having Home Assistant as your controller will not make miss you this update  😉

And if you see that also that time will have any delay feel free to write to us.

On 7/22/2024 at 1:47 PM, Shelly Wave help said:

We have in plan to release an improved Shutter version (hopefully this year).

Thanks this information. Just to be sure, with a new shutter version do you mean a new firmware update, or a new hardware revision?

Edited by stratomnaut

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2024 at 1:47 PM, Shelly Wave help said:

We have in plan to release an improved Shutter version (hopefully this year). We will definitely look into the delay at that time and like mentioned remove any part of firmware if we found that can cause the delay.

Having Home Assistant as your controller will not make miss you this update  😉

And if you see that also that time will have any delay feel free to write to us.

This is very good news! I'm looking forward to this upgrade, because other than this delay, the shutter is working flawlessly.