Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Looking for a device that will monitor kWh usage at the breaker.

Verduzco Estates

Hello Friends!!

First my apologies as I know very little about these things. I recenty started working for a person who owns a little house on a big lot. In the extra space, they set up spaces for four (4) RV's with electricity outlets. The house's electricity panel has been upgraded and a breakers provided for each RV. 

I have been tasked with finding a device that will monitor/track, via a phone app, the monthly kWh usage for each RV, at the breaker, so each can pay for the kWh's they used. Any Shelly devices that will do this?  

• Shelly

It is not a verified electricity meter, there are no calibration documents and also no declaration of MID conformity (Measuring Instruments Directive).

It is also possible to calibrate the CTs yourself, which can lead to incorrect measurements if handled incorrectly.

When factory calibrated, the device is really very accurate in its measurements (Accuracy Class B (IEC 62053-21)), but it is not officially approved for billing against a 3rd party. It is just a reminder that it can lead to problems if the customer whose electricity consumption is being billed asks whether the meter is a calibrated meter.

This is not just a Shelly problem but also applies to many other smart meters or DIN rail meters on the market...

• Like 1