Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Help with wiring as a simple light switch

So I just want to use the shelly as a WiFi on/off switch for a light bulb.

As far as I understand from the support site (https://kb.shelly.cloud/knowledge-base/shelly-1-mini-gen3#Shelly1MiniGen3-Basicwiringdiagrams), I should wire it up like on the attached diagram? I shoud put a bridge between I and L so that when the internal switch closes, the circuit also closes, right??

Thank you!

shelly.png

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Posted (edited)

Between terminals I and O is a „dry“ relay contact in the device. As you may imagine, dry contacts need to be wired with both legs - otherwise no current is flowing after closing the contact.

IMG_1361.thumb.jpeg.4d7c3e978af47560a525a591075195be.jpeg

Edited by thgoebel
  • Like 1

Evening All, 

Apologies to jump onto this post, but im a bit of a newbie to Shelly and ive just put in my very first Gen 3 Shelly 1 Mini.

Having a bit of an issue, light switch works perfect, hit switch and light comes on, switch again light goes off no issues, the Shelly i can get to and its appeared on my app no issues, but when i power the shelly on and off on the app the light does nothing, it just stays as it is.

I have a feeling ive not wired something, and reading this post i think i may have worked it out, but would somebody just mind confirming, this is the picture of the shelly

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rmNVJPL9VMK7tfND8

Sorry guys im not the greatest with these diagrams, so my Blue N and my Brown L seems to be correct, i think im just missing my O which goes off to the actual light its self?

Any help is really appreciated, if i can show a little more detailed pictures im more then happy to for a little help

Thanks You 

• Members

14 minutes ago, baileyphil said:

so my Blue N and my Brown L seems to be correct,

Right.

15 minutes ago, baileyphil said:

i think im just missing my O which goes off to the actual light its self?

Exactly. And you’re missing the connection between L and I!