Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Auto off when on + scheduled on/off

I am completely new to home integration / Shelly scripting, so perhaps my question is very basic 🙂

We have how water recirculation, but to minimize the running cost of both hot water and electricity for the pump I have attached a Shelly Plus Plug S to the pump.

I have then created a simple schedule to have the pump running constantly at certain periods during the day (morning and evening), and it works just fine. If I then want to start the pump manually, I can start/stop it through my phone/PC and etc. 

The thing is that I want to switch the pump off after 60 seconds if it has been switched on through the phone. Therefore I tried to do this through Shelly Control, but it also affects the  schedule, so the pump switches off after 60s, even though the schedule is set to let the pump run for 3 hours before switching off, so the "auto off" setting is a higher priority than the schedule...

Therefore I was thinking if scripting is the next thing to try or if there is some setting, I forgot to switch on/off for this to work?

In the event that scripting is the solution, can anyone explain how to script my very basic wish?

My basic wish being: Execute script from phone, run pump for 60s, switch off pump

Thanks in advance :)

• Like 1

• Members
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ash said:

I am completely new to home integration / Shelly scripting, so perhaps my question is very basic 🙂

A new solution: first create your schedule, I understand it run 3 hour in the  morning and 3 hour in the evening everyday. I will show you  some examples

Screenshot_20240710_182538_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.74d40e67bb4e930ee3f2aa8fc95d4ddc.jpg

After that create some actions out of the scheduled time where any time you hit the ON switch it will turn Off after 60 seconds,

Screenshot_20240710_182733_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.f7a7662c88cd540c605af5512cbe0e71.jpgScreenshot_20240710_182842_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.dce81c47da789c48aaa9cee4003e6c2c.jpg

and I believe everything should work as it is ,no scripts  and no trouble... i just hope i understand correctly your request

Edited by Zyrkonim
better option
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 1:32 PM, Zyrkonim said:

A new solution: first create your schedule, I understand it run 3 hour in the  morning and 3 hour in the evening everyday. I will show you  some examples

Screenshot_20240710_182538_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.74d40e67bb4e930ee3f2aa8fc95d4ddc.jpg

After that create some actions out of the scheduled time where any time you hit the ON switch it will turn Off after 60 seconds,

Screenshot_20240710_182733_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.f7a7662c88cd540c605af5512cbe0e71.jpgScreenshot_20240710_182842_ShellySmartControl.thumb.jpg.dce81c47da789c48aaa9cee4003e6c2c.jpg

and I believe everything should work as it is ,no scripts  and no trouble... i just hope i understand correctly your request

This works, thanks! 😀

Next thing would be to disable the on-demand on/off function when the schedule is active.

Any idea about how/if this can be done?

This is more along the lines of a scene or script. 

scripting can have status of rules when certain actions or conditions are met. 

but this can also be done with scenes when scene x is active then scene ABC can be turned off for example. 

I hope I understood the question correctly

• Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ash said:

This works, thanks! 😀

Next thing would be to disable the on-demand on/off function when the schedule is active.

Any idea about how/if this can be done?

when it's on schedule the relay it's ON according with the schedule ... why you should disable the option to on/off ? and anyway if you turn it Off manually and back On the scheduled Off it will stop the relay at the scheduled time. Probably i do  not understand the request.

Also I do think that on my first example the scheduled Off setting it's unnecessary but do not bother the automation, since the action it will stop the relay after 60 seconds when it hit the set time. 

Edited by Zyrkonim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zyrkonim said:

when it's on schedule the relay it's ON according with the schedule ... why you should disable the option to on/off ? and anyway if you turn it Off manually and back On the scheduled Off it will stop the relay at the scheduled time. Probably i do  not understand the request.

Also I do think that on my first example the scheduled Off setting it's unnecessary but do not bother the automation, since the action it will stop the relay after 60 seconds when it hit the set time. 

Because I am not the only one pressing the button 😀

Just want to make sure that in the event a curious kid presses the button, the pump continues to work during the scheduled on time.

I think I have found a solution by expanding your solution - will post an update when I have tried it out.

I got this to work, thanks guys!

1. I made a basic on/off schedule for making the pump run constantly during certain periods.
  2. For non-scheduled 60s on and then off, I followed Zyrkonims suggestion with "Actions - turn on - flip after 60s"
  3. To ensure that the pump is constantly running during scheduled periods even if somebody accidentally presses the power button, I made an action where "off" equals on. This action is running alongside the basic schedule during the same period.

Thanks again - you saved me a lot of time 😀

• Like 1