Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

Plus 2PM in Cover mode with 24V - no calibration possible

Hey,

I'm using the Plus 2PM on 24Volt to power DC motors shades. I'm doing this with a relay pole turner. Manually I can open and close them but the web interface is asking me for a calibration wich fails constantly. The power for the DC motors is delivered via the Shelly as well but I assume that in low voltage DC mode there is no current measurement? Is there a way to fix this?

Why I'm caring? I'm using  (HA) and there the integration of the Plus 2PM doesn't work very well. I'm only able to close the cover. The open button works only when the cover is moving. My fear is that this has to do with the calibration as I have integrated already 26 Shellys into HA.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Manfred

• Thanks 1

• Members
Posted (edited)

Spending an extra 24V DC power supply, calibration is possible:

image.thumb.jpeg.35384c6100fd3b15f68be0fb283c26eb.jpeg

This is achieved by routing the mains voltage through the Shelly (a Shelly plus 2PM will fit equally), thus enabling the power measurement, which is essentially for calibration.

Edited by thgoebel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thgoebel said:

Spending an extra 24V DC power supply, calibration is possible:

image.thumb.jpeg.35384c6100fd3b15f68be0fb283c26eb.jpeg

This is achieved by routing the mains voltage through the Shelly (a Shelly plus 2PM will fit equally), thus enabling the power measurement, which is essentially for calibration.

Thanks for this! Make sense as I can run the Shelly 2* with 230V like on my other covers where it works nicely. Seems I need to rebuild my setup a bit..

Thank you

Manfred

• Thanks 1

I have connected a Plus 2PM to 24V DC with a 24V DV roller motor. I can move the motor up and down with the Shelly. However, no voltage or current is displayed on the Shelly website (as with 230V operation). This means I cannot calibrate the Shelly. Is this normal for 24V DC, or am I doing something wrong?

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• Members
Posted (edited)

The energy meter IC in Shelly PM and EM series measures AC only. Thus, no calibration is available - except with another diagram like this one:

image.thumb.jpeg.df0f104d43a37975a7daf690b0ed1e7c.jpeg

The diagram shows 12V DC parts. But it’s easily to adopt for 24V DC: You‘ll need TWO power supplies for 24V DC and the relay coils have to withstand 24V DC. And yes: A Shelly plus 2PM may be used instead of a Shelly 2.5…

Edited by thgoebel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, I had already thought of something like that. With two 24V power supplies and two 24V relays, the effort is too high for me. I will probably look for another solution. The aim of the action is to integrate my Velux windows into the ioBroker.

• Like 1