Gen2 Devices: FW Update Required / Gen2 Geräte: FW-Update erforderlich ×

Help with wiring (isolated L/N)

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I need help with wiring Mini Gen3. I have a few of those in my house and they all work great but for this one, I have a situation where I can't put mini where all my wires for lights are located.

I have two switches controlling one light (long hallway). I can use only one for mini connection (on picture named "switch 2"). I have an isolated L/N for mini power. In my first try I accidentally shorten "L" and "I" as I have on all my minis and this one blew up because he got power from two phases. 

Second switch has one wire which goes to light and two wires which are "live" depending on switch 1 or switch 2  position (green on picture). In other words there is no constant "live" wire which I could use for "I" connection. 

Thank you in advance.

schematic.jpg

Edited by Petar

• 3 weeks later...

HI Petar,  If you can place the Mini Gen3 where the relay contacts join the two green wires it can switch light on.  For this scheme to work you need a place where those two wires are available, and Live+Neutral to power the MG3.  (I know this because many years ago I was asked to look at a house where the lights were on for all positions of the switches.  Problem was the 2 'green' wires touching.)

Richard.