🌟 NOTIFICATION/Benachrichtigung: Welcome to our New Store! - shelly.com 🌟 ×

Thermostats temperature setting keeps resetting to base value

smz

Hello everyone.

Please forgive me if this is an error on my side, but I think there is something going wrong with virtual thermostats:

I have 3 virtual thermostats, each controlling my heating system zone valves through 3x Shelly 1 Mini Gen 3 as actuators and 1x Shelly H&T G3 + 2x Shelly H&T as sensors.

I 'haven't set-up any daily/weekly schedule: my intent is to control the thermostats settings manually through the shelly.cloud website or Shelly App on my iOS devices.

I'm pretty sure this setup was perfectly working some months ago, before spring came.

Now, autumn is coming and I'm noticing the thermostats continue resetting to their base temperature (19°).

Please note that the sensor are correctly reporting their temperatures and I can act on my heating system zone valves by directly acting on the  Shelly 1 Mini Gen 3.

I've tried deleting and creating my thermostats anew, but nothing changes.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Sergio

P.S.: I forgot to mention that on each one of the three thermostats I have an "Information" indication telling me to "Please wait for temperature sensor to initialize.", but, as I said, my sensors are correctly reporting their readings...

Edited by smz
New info

Hello, same problem!

on website its ok (https://control.shelly.cloud/)

in iphone and android same problem.

I tested it on 3 different devices - mobile phones. in al of them is "Please wait for temperature sensor to initialize."

Many times i create/delete thermostats.

I crated thermostat with Shelly 1 Plus and Shelly Plus H&T.

Newest firmware is in both.

If i change temp on thermostat, relay works correctly (is seted correctly) but on display value of therm jump back to base temp. Only in browser on laptop you can see correctly values (without "Please wait for temperature sensor to initialize.")

Here is problem with view, i think.

I think this is can be some bug...

Hello Hugo, thanks for sharing your experience!

Actually I'm having the problem also when trying to manually set temperatures through the web (https://control.shelly.cloud/).

It is getting cold here and I *REALLY* hope Shelly would take care of this if, as it seems, it is a bug in their app...

Cheers,

Sergio

Hi all, I just created an issue on shelly support.
We'll see what they answers.

Here is the wording of my ticket:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I made a thermostat (heating) from Shelly 1 Plus and Shelly Plus H&T.
It works correctly, but it displays the temperature incorrectly.
Whenever I change the desired temperature, the thermostat accepts it and works accordingly, but the display always returns to the base temperature.

I see a message in the app:
 "Please wait for the temperature sensor to initialize."

I tried removing the thermostat and creating a new one, but it didn't help.

If I change the temperature in the application (even if it returns to the base temperature), I can see on the control.shelly.cloud website that this change has taken effect and is displayed correctly - only on the website.

I have installed the latest versions of the app on three different devices.
1x iPhone and 2x Android. It behaves the same on all three.

Winter is coming and I need to sort it out.

I'm not the only one who is bothered by this. We deal with it with users on the community site:
https://community.shelly.cloud/topic/2564-thermostats-temperature-setting-keeps-resetting-to-base-value/

Here's some account and device info:

Shelly 1 plus:

ID: xxxxxxx

FW: 20240819-074322/1.4.2-gc2639da

Shelly HaT:

ID: xxxxxx

FW: 20240819-074331/1.4.2-gc2639da

Therm scheme ID: xxxxxx

AccountName: xxxxxxxx

Support access granted until 07-10-24 08:45

Thanks for the quick fix.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hugo thanks for opening a ticket about this with Shelly.

Any news from them?

Meanwhile I opened another support ticket (different issue but always related to the virtual thermostat).
I'm reporting its content here, so you can check if that applies to you as well:

With the thermostat (heating) active and the controlled actuator active, when switching off the thermostat (red stripe under its button is visible), the actuator remains indefinitely active. Expected result would (quite reasonably i think...) be to have the actuator switched off.

Cheers,
Sergio

Hi all, I have the same problem. I solved it by selecting a different thermo sensor in the thermostat settings, saving the settings. And changed back to the original thermo sensor. And saved the settings. After that, everything works again. I have a Shelly UNI with 6 thermo sensors. I hope this helps you. Sorry for my english 😄

On 10/8/2024 at 12:06 AM, smz said:

I got news from Shelly: probably something is coming with the next app release...

Cheers!

Hello, Hugo here. I have answer from support:

We checked the issue with our developers.

There is an ongoing issue and they should deploy a fix in the next app update.

In the meantime, we recommend you to change the thermostat value from the main thermostat setting (editor) instead of the widget drawer that is bugging.

Please, excuse us for the inconvenience!

• 2 weeks later...

The issue seems to be solved now (app version 3.114.4).

Anyway, I've personally moved to using a script to create a "local" thermostat. I've published my code here: https://community.shelly.cloud/topic/2885-a-local-thermostat-for-shelly-devices/

Cheers,

Sergio