🌟 NEW Shelly Products Reveal Video! 🌟 NEUE Shelly-Produkte-Enthüllungsvideo! 🌟 ×
NOTICE / HINWEIS: iOS 18 Update and Today Widgets ×

Shelly QNSW-002P16EU switches off automatically and then switches on again after a short time

joefo

• Shelly

We received few reports of this problem but for now we couldn't reproduce it in our test lab. We're still investigating this issue and for now the solution is to downgrade the Shelly Wave 2PM back to the 10.30 version.

You may find the firmware on the GitHub repository, and the instruction for manual update (downgrade proces is the same) for HA you may find on the next link.

3 hours ago, Shelly Wave help said:

We received few reports of this problem but for now we couldn't reproduce it in our test lab. We're still investigating this issue and for now the solution is to downgrade the Shelly Wave 2PM back to the 10.30 version.

You may find the firmware on the GitHub repository, and the instruction for manual update (downgrade proces is the same) for HA you may find on the next link.

Thanks for the feedback. I believe it is an electromagnetic compatibility issue. I have made my observations that when other devices in the room turn on or off it happens much more often.

• Shelly

Thank you very much for the observation, it could help ut to go in the right direction.

Could you please let us know what types of loads are connected to the devices causing the Wave 2PM to turn off? For example, are they motors, lamps, computers, etc.? Also, if possible, please provide the power rating for each load.

4 hours ago, Shelly Wave help said:

Thank you very much for the observation, it could help ut to go in the right direction.

Could you please let us know what types of loads are connected to the devices causing the Wave 2PM to turn off? For example, are they motors, lamps, computers, etc.? Also, if possible, please provide the power rating for each load.

On Q1 there is an LED lamp with 18W and on Q2 there is a ceiling fan with 25W.

Error exists on both outputs.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a thread discussing this issue! I’ve spent the past month trying to find a solution, thinking it was just a configuration problem, haha.

This issue has been happening to me quite frequently (I have 10 Shelly devices installed in my house). In fact, it just occurred again a couple of minutes ago. My wife walked into the bedroom and randomly pressed the light switches, trying to find the right one. After she turned the light off, about 10 seconds later, one of the Shelly channels started flashing — turning on and off repeatedly 2 times (on - off / on - off)

At first, I thought it was some kind of sensor check or reset triggered by an error. Let me know if we can provide any logs or other information that might help you address this issue.

Best

Edited by bardaxx

• Shelly

This could be another issue. The two on/off signals are typically triggered when the device is successfully included in or excluded from the gateway. It's possible that pressing the switch multiple times may cause these signals to be sent unintentionally, even though the device is already included.

We appreciate all of your feedback as this will help us to identify the issue and solve it.