🌟 NOTIFICATION/Benachrichtigung: Welcome to our New Store! - shelly.com 🌟 ×

Power outage scenarios

Good day,

My question lies in the direction of using Smart Plug S in a home environment to prevent stuff like my monitor lighting up during the night.

First step in the direction was to set scheduling to "toggle off" at evening. But that one seems to operate on cronn base -> %event time% == %current time% -> execute. But if there was an outage during that period, event wasn't triggered and no the state wasn't set to OFF.

Second step was the "set state to off on power". That one is my current "workaround". Does the job, but same problem if the "toggle on" timer was missed. Need to keep my smart phone close and do the toggle from there (or press the physical button, which is under the desk).

I am trying to find a solution (scripting seems to be the way to go), in which the POWER_ON(plug received power) would lead to waiting until the wifi/internet is up, get current time ->

"day time" -> power on

"night time" -> power off

Can someone lead me in the direction where to read about this? Or maybe I'm missing something in the existing android app/web ui?