Visit us at IFA2024 / Besuche uns auf der IFA2024 06.-10.09.2024 Stand H1.2-420 ×
Shelly wiring diagram Now LIVE ×

<source> - source of last command is always "limit_switch"

Hi there,

I recently had to replace a Shelly 2.5 roller shutter against a Shelly Plus 2PM.

Setup was easy - Rollershutter (Cover) works perfectly fine. Did all calibrations, updated to latest firmware - everything perfect.

Now my problem is that I use a (IOBroker) script to shut my covers when a certain temperature is reached in a room to keep the room cool and open it up again if the room temperature falls under a specified level.

In this same script, I also use Shelly's "source/source of last command" key to check whether there was a manual intervention (e.g. the press of the manual button) in which case the script would no longer automatically open or close the lids for that day --> assuming the "user" wanted the lid to be closed or opened.

In the Shelly 2.5, the "source" value switches to "input" in case the lids were manually (by pressing the button) opened or closed. Similar for the Shelly Plus 2PM where the value goes to "switch" respectively "button".

HOWEVER, after the lids opened or closed completely, the value on the Plus 2PM changes to "limit_switch"... and it behaves the same way no matter how the lids were opened or closed. SO I cannot any longer distinguish between the real method used to open or close the lid (e.g. automatically via MQTT versus manually via pressing a button"). I guess this comes from the shutter "reaching the end" of the up or down movement, but in that way, the "last source of command" key becomes absolutely useless (not only for my script) as the real method used is always overwritten by "limit_switch".

image.thumb.png.94f326d56d3b75ba2f2bb872280fc2b6.png

Any ideas? Thank you!

Edited by Marco_P
update

• Marco_P changed the title to <source> - source of last command is always "limit_switch"